Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 783 total)
  • Author

The Wayfarer
    Participant

Done, done, done. As of tonight, I’ve had everything on the menu.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice work! :D

somertimeoh
    Participant

The special tonight was super good!! I’d like it to be added to the menu permanently, please. Jalapenos, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and bacon. Yummy!

More Specials in the works don’t worry, one note we have changed the baked beans recipe if anyone has noticed, i am wondering what you guys think now. i also didn’t find the review all that bad it was honest and as all good cooks will tell you, criticism is the will only make you better

thanks silverman for reading, listening and adjusting accordingly.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Silverman515 wrote >>
    More Specials in the works don’t worry, one note we have changed the baked beans recipe if anyone has noticed, i am wondering what you guys think now. i also didn’t find the review all that bad it was honest and as all good cooks will tell you, criticism is the will only make you better

If I don’t get to have that jalapeno bacon cheese creation from last night again, I’ll start crying and never ever stop.

foxforcefive
    Participant

Just got back from lunch there…had the Chicago and the Whoa Nelly with Tater Tots and a PBR. It was so good, we had to play Ice Cube’s “Today Was a Good Day” on the way back to work…

Keep doing what you’re doing DF’s…it’s good stuff.

I have been here twice now. The first time was on the official opening night. I was unimpressed with the food, but giving them the benefit of the doubt I went back for a second time. The quality of hot dog is lacking, the toppings are ok, and the sides taste cheap. I’m not quit sure why everyone raves about the mac and cheese. It reminded me of the Kraft creamy mac and cheese you get from a box, which comes with a packet of processed cheese. I’m a HUGE fan of the Liz Lessner chain of restaurants, but this one lacks in the charm and taste of her other endeavors. I’m sorry, but my next late nite binge you will find me back to The Tip Top Tavern.

karenS

I’ll look forward to trying the new baked beans. I had them on three previous occasions and every time they seemed to become a little more bland. The first time they were really good, nice and smokey-flavored, but kinda went slightly downhill every time after.

The mac ‘n cheese, however, will remain an absolute favorite!! Now, if we can stuff that inside a pierogi, that would be awesome!

roy
    Participant

ShimmyKnocker wrote >>
    The quality of hot dog is lacking

I’m not sure what you eat at home, but Dirty Frank dogs, both the regular and jumbo size, are Vienna brand all beef weiners from Chicago. The poppyseed buns are also Vienna brand, pricier than most but made to stand up to steam.

KSquared

I’m obsessed with the Chicago dog and need to branch out. The Over the Rhone sounds like my next victim.

catnfiddle
    Participant

I’ve been partial to the Zippity Zam lately.

Rocknrolloutlaws
    Participant

I have one more trip before I’ve tried everything on the menu that I intend to try. I hate olives, so there was no way I was going to get the True Love always. And one time I went, one of my friends got the Hot Bollywood, it looked gross, he didn’t finish it, and I tried a bite. That’s sufficient for me. No way I’m getting that again either.

I just hope I can finish this menu before they introduce a new one!

I’ve become partial to the jumbo dogs lately. Not so much because of the size, but they seem to have a crispier outer texture. I think that adds a flavor that makes the dog pop just a little more than the regular dog.

From reading the opinions about the mac ‘n cheese, it sounds like the debate comes not from the dish itself, but from everyones individual expectation of what mac ‘n cheese should be.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

roy wrote >>

ShimmyKnocker wrote >>
    The quality of hot dog is lacking

I’m not sure what you eat at home, but Dirty Frank dogs, both the regular and jumbo size, are Vienna brand all beef weiners from Chicago.

Yeah, I really don’t know what they’re on about here.. Love the dogs there.. They’re wonderfully beefy..

Rocknrolloutlaws wrote >>
    I’ve become partial to the jumbo dogs lately. Not so much because of the size, but they seem to have a crispier outer texture. I think that adds a flavor that makes the dog pop just a little more than the regular dog.

Absolutely love the Jumbo dogs.. They’re possibly the best hotdogs I’ve had.. I’ll agree that the texture is good, and they’re pretty substantial…

KSquared

Oops, Rhine not Rhone. Wine on the brain I guess :)

Has anyone tried the veggie dog? I’m trying to eat fewer servings of meat.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 783 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: