Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 783 total)
  • Author

shroud
    Participant

Looks great! Other than the obvious Chicago-style (gotta love a good Chicago dog), the “True Love Always” is calling to me – cream cheese + green olives FTW!

Core_Models

I gotta tell ya, first of all…I’m simply going to hand that menu back to the server/counter person and say “I’d like this please”.

But out of all of those, I’m really intrigued by the Nikola.

KSquared

Sriracha Slaw Dog or the Zippity Zam!

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Foodcast should be up on Thursday with the Downlow on Dirty Franks.

In the meantime – a Chicago Food primer:

http://cmhgourmand.com/sidedish-sidetrip-chicago/

And how the Dirty Franks Crew does product research and recipe testing.

Hot Dog Daze: A Dirty Franks Field Trip

Hot Dogs…it’s what’s for dinner.

AnneD

Fried leeks! Brilliant! Can’t wait for the opening!

Bear
    Participant

Yeah, props for the fried leeks and for the general creativity. Sadly, mature milk products don’t agree with me, so I won’t be able to evaluate the cream cheese + hot dog offerings, which are the most eyebrow-raising on the menu. But sriracha, here I come….

lifeliberty
    Participant

Is DF open? I read in last week’s TOP that it was to open Monday (with any luck).

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote >>
    Is DF open? I read in last week’s TOP that it was to open Monday (with any luck).

The last I heard from Liz’s tweets was end of week pending some final inspections…

catnfiddle
    Participant

It’s sounding like tomorrow or Friday will be DOG DAY!

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

We ran into a snag with last week’s fire suppression (hood) inspection. Here’s a new one: apparently all kitchen equipment has to be tethered to the wall! Why? In case of an earthquake! In downtown Columbus. Yes, a possible earthquake has delayed us this time.

Anyway, we didn’t pass last Thursday due to the non-tethered kitchen equipment (none of our other restaurants have equipment tethered to the walls making them less safe in case of earthquake-fyi). We immediately tethered the equipment and we are being re-inspected tomorrow.

After tomorrow’s inspection, we have our final health inspection by the Columbus Health Department and upon passing that, we will open.

We are very eager and excited to serve you Vienna All-Beef Kosher Hot Dogs, Veggie Dogs, Frostop Root Beer on draught, Jeni’s Ice Cream for Frostop Root Beer Floats and Lime and Cherry Slushies-spiked with booze if you please. Some fun beers on draught and plenty of delicious sides.

Walker is headed in to take some photos of the interior to post later this week and we will post here as soon as we open. The first week we will open at 4pm, then open regular hours starting at 11am.

Thank you kindly, everyone, for your patience and positive vibes. We have needed them!

joev
    Participant

Yay! Good luck, Liz! I rode past yesterday – just a 5 minute bike ride from my house. I’m excited!

Coreroc

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for all of your snags Liz. I cannot wait and my life just got soooo much better reading all of this:

Frostop Root Beer on draught, Jeni’s Ice Cream for Frostop Root Beer Floats and Lime and Cherry Slushies-spiked with booze if you please

Core_Models

…can…not…wait :D

somertimeoh
    Participant

I would love to start my weekend of painting hell part 2 after a “few” boozie slushies. I can be present for slipping some Benjamins to inspectors if needed. Enough already with the red tape, let’s get this thing moving!!

patient_zero
    Participant

Alright Liz! You and Harold are running the final lap now. It’s looking really nice inside – very Elizabethish with all your wall decorations. The retrofit items from City Center look great in there. I appreciate your demolition purchases. It means the World to me just to know that a little bit of City Center will live on in Dirty Franks.

I’m looking forward to the grand opening.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 783 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION