Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 783 total)
  • Author

jimbach
    Participant

We ate there last Friday. IMO this place is the epicenter of the universe. It represents all that is good and holy.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

catnfiddle wrote >>
    Don’t forget to watch Good Morning Columbus today! Johnny Diloretto will be there live all morning.

I saw this.. nice little interview.

but that guys schtick still rubs me the wrong way.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

vestanpance wrote >>
    that guys schtick still rubs me the wrong way.

I don’t watch Johnny much on TV, but he’s a really cool guy in person. Big film buff. Chat him up about movies if you ever bump into him. ;)

foxforcefive
    Participant

I was just in Chicago for 2 days and ate at both Portillos and Gene and Jude’s. How does DF’s compare? I’ve been jonesing to get over to DF’s, just haven’t made it down yet…

brandonphoto
    Participant

Don’t mess with Johnny : P

brandonphoto
    Participant

I may swing by DF’s Friday night after work. Got a hankering for an Old Style and some dogs!!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

brandonphoto wrote >>
    I may swing by DF’s Friday night after work. Got a hankering for an Old Style and some dogs!!

Oh hai…

catnfiddle
    Participant

Just got back from lunch there. Migod, they are doing such a brisk business that people of all social rank (pinstripe suits to skinny jeans) were waiting for a table. The crowd spilled onto the sidewalk! Thankfully the bar was still pretty open so I could have a chili dog and the slaw, which was delightfully spicy.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Just got back as well. Tried the Sriracha Dog for the first time. Holy hell, it was good. And I can’t enough of the fried leaks.

And yeah, it was packed today.

kessler
    Participant

Stopped in last night for “lunch” to go. Had to head back to work.
    Got the Ohioan,Chicago, & the Chilidog. Yummers on all 3.
    Place was crowded at 8:00pm.
    Anyone know if you can place an order in advance? or Call in for a to go order? (since the place is so busy? would seem like a hastle for them right now.)

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Going now for the first time on my way to happy hour. After reading all of this, I can’t wait. Plus, I’ve been home for a minute, so should be a good munchies cure as well.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

greenhouse1014 wrote >>
    Going now for the first time on my way to happy hour. After reading all of this, I can’t wait. Plus, I’ve been home for a minute, so should be a good munchies cure as well.

Only users lose drugs!

greenhouse1014
    Participant

yeah, haven’t lost one yet…

catnfiddle
    Participant

mbeaumont wrote >>
    Just got back as well. Tried the Sriracha Dog for the first time. Holy hell, it was good. And I can’t enough of the fried leaks.
    And yeah, it was packed today.

Were you the guy at the bar who ordered that huge side of leeks? If so, was two seats to your left.

placebohigh
    Participant

Had it again! Had the Greek dog and Sriracha slaw dog and True Love Always! Absolutely fantastic…im friggin addicted…

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 783 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: