Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 783 total)
  • Author

placebohigh
    Participant

Anyone have any info on when Dirty Frank’s Hotdogs, the latest restaurant from Liz Lessner who owns Bettys and Surly Girl, is opening? Does anyone know where it’s opening downtown? I can’t wait to try it!

I believe its in the old Queen Bee location, but I’ll let LL give you the lowdown on opening dates ;)

And yes, I also can’t wait to try it. I hope LL overestimates her purchasing, because I gotta feelin there’s a lot of Columbusites itching to down stupid amounts of hot dogs.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

shroud
    Participant

Their Twitter feed is a good place to get the latest updates:
    http://twitter.com/DirtyFranksDogs

Or Facebook group:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53734101113&ref=ts

And here’s their actual webpage, but it seems like just a placeholder for now, so one of the other links would probably be better:
    http://www.dirtyfrankshotdogs.com/

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Coming soon….worth the wait. I am sure there will be advance warning on CU and elsewhere.

It is at the old Queen Bee. Contruction and prep are wrapping up. Recipes are tested. The team is training. And they have some cool Clinton Reno Posters promoting there frankfurters.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Hey everybody:

Here’s the very first sneak peek at the hot dog menu:

http://www.dirtyfrankshotdogs.com/menu/dfmenutemp.pdf

All dogs will be less than $3.

Sandwiches, Italian Beefs, casseroles and salads will be implemented on a trial basis, run first as specials and added to the menu as deemed necessary by our regular customers. We are experimenting with few more Indian, Greek and Turkish relishes, look for those dogs to be added shortly!

Decorating is underway, equipment is waiting in the wings. We are close, really close.

A foodcast by our favorite friends CMH Gourmand and Zack Briggs will be posted here soon, check out that sometime next week.

Still accepting music for our all local and all independent jukebox, email [email protected] for more info.

Many thanks for your love and patience,

Elizabeth Lessner

honavery

Looks great. Can’t wait for this.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Lots of good stuff on there. I think I’m most looking forward to the whoah nellie. :D

how do you get drool out of a keyboard?

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Oh my.
    I’m planning on death by hot dog and peeber.
    I want one of all of those right now.
    And sriracha slaw????? STFU! I want sriracha on everything.

Lanibug65

Liz, if you are making true Chicago style Italian beef, I will be your friend forever —

joev
    Participant

Can. Not. Wait.

gramarye
    Participant

Oooh, nice to see something for those of us who like something a little more fiery. That Hot Baliwood looks delish.

I second Walker vis-a-vis the Whoah Nellie, too, though.

+1 italian beef!!!

Daz
    Participant

gramarye wrote >>
    Oooh, nice to see something for those of us who like something a little more fiery. That Hot Baliwood looks delish.

I see another eating contest coming.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 783 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE