Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Did the Taco Bell by Chipotle in Grandview close?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Did the Taco Bell by Chipotle in Grandview close?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:
    Why are we supposed to be shocked or disappointed?

This is hardly a unique position for an existing property owner to take.

A new building benefits the area more than an older junkier building.

Perhaps you need to rethink the idea that newer equals better. This was the same sentiment of the urban renewal era, and we all know how that worked out. Areas that don’t demand quality suffer from the lack of it.

AMEEKER
    Participant

Not every building rebuilt or built has to be a showstopper… and not every building has to be a mixed-use highrise topped with apartments and condos (lest we end up encased in brick and glass with no sunlight).

And if you don’t like what’s happening in 5xNW, stop complaining about it. Go to the commission meetings, or better yet, move over there, or work there, and get on the Commission then change it. It takes all of about 26 votes to get on the ballot. There’s a lot more to be done in 5xNW that could have a major impact on the area than complaining about the TACO BELL DRIVE THRU will…if sharp, forward thinkers like those on the CU forums would get involved.

dubdave00
    Participant

I don’t think that particular Taco Bell ever got my order right.

From forgetting half the order, to forgetting half the ingredients (I once received a lettuce and sour cream soft taco – still unhealthy – stuffed inside a quesadilla wrapper), I’m pretty sure I vowed a long time ago not to go there no matter how long the Chipotle line is.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

AMEEKER said:
    Not every building rebuilt or built has to be a showstopper… and not every building has to be a mixed-use highrise topped with apartments and condos (lest we end up encased in brick and glass with no sunlight).

And if you don’t like what’s happening in 5xNW, stop complaining about it. Go to the commission meetings, or better yet, move over there, or work there, and get on the Commission then change it. It takes all of about 26 votes to get on the ballot. There’s a lot more to be done in 5xNW that could have a major impact on the area than complaining about the TACO BELL DRIVE THRU will…if sharp, forward thinkers like those on the CU forums would get involved.

One can’t be involved in every neighborhood… But perhaps is best to just sit back and be totally silence.

AMEEKER
    Participant

@joshlapp – No, of course not. And from what I know, you’re not exactly a couch potato – I wasn’t speaking to you… just sort of talking aloud. It just seems like all people do is complain about 5xNW, as to where with the other inner ring neighborhoods, they’re happy to get off their butts and do something. It’s like because 5xNW is neither here not there, it’s fine to just complain. Well, stop LETTING IT be neither here nor there, and we won’t end up that crazy mish mosh.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

AMEEKER said:

@joshlapp
    – No, of course not. And from what I know, you’re not exactly a couch potato – I wasn’t speaking to you… just sort of talking aloud. It just seems like all people do is complain about 5xNW, as to where with the other inner ring neighborhoods, they’re happy to get off their butts and do something. It’s like because 5xNW is neither here not there, it’s fine to just complain. Well, stop LETTING IT be neither here nor there, and we won’t end up that crazy mish mosh.

I’m on the same page as you with armchair critics. I’m sure you know better than I the neighborhood identification problems 5xNW has, which are probably why there may be less perceived passion for the area than somewhere like the Short North that a has a strong identity. Some infrastructure investment from the city could really propel everything forward. Maybe throw in a few arches (haha).

I can’t be the only one who was hoping this Taco Bell would become a Chick-fil-a? Needless to say, I’m disappointed to come on here and find out it’s being re-built. :( EAT MOR CHIKIN!!

leftovers

Wondering if it will become one of those combo Pizza Hut/KFC jobbers like on High by campus?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

any chance I get to pull this one out..

tonloc620
    Participant

I want to comment on the comment about “5th Ave in Grandview” Fifth Ave is not in Grandview. Grandview is south of Third. This area is the city of Columbus and is part of the 5thXNW are commission.

I am very disappointed with the new taco bell, what an opportunity to do something really creative and urban, but no the parking and drive thru wins again, and this area has an urban commercial overlay which recommends zero set back and multi story and parking in the back.

buckette13

Talked to a person holding a set of architectural plans. He said they will be opening in June.

GCrites80s
    Participant

tonloc620 said:

I am very disappointed with the new taco bell, what an opportunity to do something really creative and urban, but no the parking and drive thru wins again, and this area has an urban commercial overlay which recommends zero set back and multi story and parking in the back.

That requires a strong effort by the community. If these companies are not constantly hounded to build stuff this way, they WILL just build the standard Hillard-Rome/Stringtown Rd./Brice Rd. design. Now if they are forced, they will build it in a design more suited to how the area demands but it takes a battle.

They were able to get a variance to get around the urban commercial overlay.

buckette13

As of today they are back in business. Enjoy your post Comfest 4th meals! ;)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Ain’t nothin wrong with a little Taco Bell sometimes.

There’s one right where I turn into my neighborhood. Driving by that place at 2am can be a test of one’s inner-strength.

buckette13

I heard the Cantina Double Steak Quesadilla was pretty good, but I can’t bring myself to spend $4.99 on a single item at the Bell. ;)

– so I christened it with a Beefy 5 Layer Burrito for $1.29. Having come from the SN there was inverse sticker shock…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: