Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Did the Taco Bell by Chipotle in Grandview close?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Did the Taco Bell by Chipotle in Grandview close?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Bear
    Participant

Matthew said:
    I affectionately dubbed this the leaning tower of Taco Bell.

I always referred to it as the Saddest Taco Bell in the World. Every time I drove past at dinnertime, there was a line snaking through the already-full dining room at the Chipotle next door and not a single customer waiting at Taco Bell.

mrmann

Bear said:
    I always referred to it as the Saddest Taco Bell in the World. Every time I drove past at dinnertime, there was a line snaking through the already-full dining room at the Chipotle next door and not a single customer waiting at Taco Bell.

You only needed to come back at 2am.

Patch
    Participant

bayrea said:
    One of the main reasons fast food restaurants get torn down and rebuilt in the exact same spot is because they have been so overrun with roaches that the only option is to knock it down and start over…. something to think about the next time you get your 4th meal.

Hillariously untrue.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

mrmann said:

^this

Patch
    Participant

FireEngine said:
    The Taco Bell on Livingston east of Alum Creek is finishing up a complete tear down / rebuild. Maybe its a regional image refresher.

http://bzs.columbus.gov/uploadedFiles/Building_and_Zoning_Services/Boards_and_Commissions/Zoning/Board_of_Zoning_Adjustment/Meetings/2011/Active_Cases/11310-00496%201312%20West%205th%20Avenue.pdf

groundrules
    Participant

GCrites80s said:
    Sewer line problems.

Karma.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

FireEngine said:
    The Taco Bell on Livingston east of Alum Creek is finishing up a complete tear down / rebuild. Maybe its a regional image refresher.

Same with the one on Tussing at Gender and a couple others around town.

I’ve seen Burger King’s getting remodeled also lately.

Bear
    Participant

mrmann said:

GCrites80s
    Participant

FireEngine said:

That one was getting really beat down inside. It also seemed quite a bit smaller than most fast food joints are around here these days. It had way more parking capacity than seating capacity even after you account for the workers.

GCrites80s
    Participant

bayrea said:
    One of the main reasons fast food restaurants get torn down and rebuilt in the exact same spot is because they have been so overrun with roaches that the only option is to knock it down and start over…. something to think about the next time you get your 4th meal.

Wouldn’t the roaches spread to the surrounding areas and come right back once the new building was done? They are roaches, you know.

ricospaz
    Participant

If they could only improve the food with a new building…

GCrites80s
    Participant

I don’t like how they changed the chicken. It has less flavor now.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

so much hate… c’mon, there is a time and a place for a 7 layer burrito.

ricospaz
    Participant

I still love to eat there, every couple months, usually drunk. The regret is the next day.

TailgateJeff
    Participant

For what it’s worth, this Taco Bell was originally built as a Zantigo and was converted to a Taco Bell in 1986 or 1987 when the Zantigo chain was bought by PepsiCo from RJR/Nabisco.

I ate a lot of Zantigo lunches when I worked in the Grandview area. While Taco Bell is pretty much a late night drunken indulgence, Zantigo was a solid choice for a decent fast food meal.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: