Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Did the Taco Bell by Chipotle in Grandview close?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Did the Taco Bell by Chipotle in Grandview close?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author

buckette13

Chipotle always gets the business during the day, but I always thought the ahem, ‘4th meal’, kept the Bell in the black.

It has been closed the last few days I have driven by around noon.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Sewer line problems. Sign says it’ll open up when the line’s fixed.

Nicholas Herum
    Participant

GCrites80s said:
    Sewer line problems. Sign says it’ll open up when the line’s fixed.

Someone’s Gordita must not have agreed with them.

futureman
    Participant

Looks like it closed for good, It has been spray painted “closed” on just about every window and on the front brick.

I recall reading on the department of development website about a year ago that they were going to demolish and rebuild. Hopefully that is the case, I’d hate to lose a taco bell close by.

buckette13

I saw a backhoe digging up the parking lot in back today as I drove past.

I saw the spraypaint too, but I imagine cars weren’t noticing the small signs. It is possible that they are using temporary construction chalk spray paint.

http://artprimo.com/catalog/molotow-chalk-spray-paint-p-1122.html

That taco bell probably could do with a total renovation and if it is down for a bit it makes sense to get it out of the way.

bayrea
    Participant

One of the main reasons fast food restaurants get torn down and rebuilt in the exact same spot is because they have been so overrun with roaches that the only option is to knock it down and start over…. something to think about the next time you get your 4th meal.

FireEngine
    Participant

The Taco Bell on Livingston east of Alum Creek is finishing up a complete tear down / rebuild. Maybe its a regional image refresher.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

FireEngine said:
    The Taco Bell on Livingston east of Alum Creek is finishing up a complete tear down / rebuild. Maybe its a regional image refresher.

Certainly the new Taco Bell in Beechwold looks much nicer than the old building behind Bob Evans.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bayrea said:
    One of the main reasons fast food restaurants get torn down and rebuilt in the exact same spot is because they have been so overrun with roaches that the only option is to knock it down and start over…. something to think about the next time you get your 4th meal.

While that may be the case in some locations, I assume the real reason is because many suburban-style fast food locations (the vast majority of them) are built out of cheap materials only meant to last two decades, tops. Then you either ditch the location and move elsewhere, or rebuild to a modern design if it makes sense. I doubt it’s written into the bottom lines of most fast food corporations that they’re constructing a building with integrity meant to last for generations as an architectural anchor of Anywheresville, USA.

Everything is disposable.

Twixlen
    Participant

^ That, plus they do revamps of their business model. It’s no different than McD’s doing the same thing, going from really poppy-bright-play space style, to the new cafe style.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

That Taco Bell was waaaaaaaay dated inside. I can only imagine that they’re building a new one from the ground up.

buckette13

Imagine all of the congealed nacho cheese they are going to find beneath! ;)

Twixlen
    Participant

buckette13 said:
    Imagine all of the congealed nacho cheese they are going to find beneath! ;)

What do think they’re using to mortar the foundation together?

wpcc88
    Participant

bayrea said:

that’s actually not the case at all.. in fact most McDonalds reataurants are pushing 30-40 years old, they renovate far more often than tear down and rebuild.. also if that was the case you wouldn’t see so many being repurposed as new restaurants and businesses

Matthew
    Participant

I affectionately dubbed this the leaning tower of Taco Bell. I noticed recently that the leaning tower had been removed though. Odd they’d go through the hassle of removal and patching the roof just to immediately demo a few months later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: