Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Destination Donuts

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events Destination Donuts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

FoodFort
    Participant

Heather Morris decided that Columbus needed an upscale donut and this Saturday and Sunday she will introduce us to some of her creations.

Destination Donut

I encourage you to head to the North Market this weekend for the premiere of our new client Destination Donut – Saturday serving 8 am to 5 pm and Sunday serving Noon to 5 pm. Flavors include Triple Berry Cardamom, Maple Sausage, Grapefruit Sweet Mint, Thai Peanut, Pumpkin Pecan and Chocolate.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Is this typically a food truck? Or is she doing a pop-up shop?

FoodFort
    Participant

Pop Up shop at North Market. I tried the Triple Berry is was great.

News
    Participant

Destination Donuts | Columbus, OH
    Posted on January 5, 2013 by Breakfast with Nick

There’s a new donut game in town: Destination Donuts. Heather Morris has begun setting up regularly at North Market. Heather is serving homemade donuts in flavors and combinations that no one else is doing around town. When you really think of it, there isn’t a donut place at North Market, is there? This could be a good permanent addition!

READ MORE: http://breakfastwithnick.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/destination-donuts-columbus-oh/

News
    Participant

Sweets: Destination Donuts at the North Market
    By G.A. Benton
    From the January 17, 2013 edition

“I have loved donuts since I was a kid!” explained Heather Morris, her infectious energy sizzling out in grins, her fish and bird tats flashing from T-shirted arms. Morris was working the table of her pop-up donut shop — which currently brightens the north end of the North Market two weekends per month — and articulately fielding batteries of questions from a gathering crowd ogling her distinctive sweets and curious about her out-of-the-donut-sack set-up.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2013/01/17/sweets-destination-donuts-at-the-north-market.html

geoyui
    Participant

So based on the article, destination donuts will only be there every other weekend? Is there a donut truck, and if not, there needs to be one.

FoodFort
    Participant

These is not currently a donut truck….but there are some discussions going on to make that happen.

More about Destination Donuts: http://thefoodfort.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/member-spotlight-destination-donuts/

FoodFort
    Participant

Destination Donuts schedule

North Market

Jan. 26 – open space across from Pastaria

– flavors:
    Dueling Vanilla, Maple Sausage, Lemon Blueberry, Mandarin Orange & Toasted Coconut, Earl Grey

Feb. 2 & 3 – open space across from Pastaria
    Feb. 23 & 24 – open space next to Brezel
    Mar 9 & 10 – open space across from Pastaria
    Mar 16 & 17 – open space next to Brezel

And a question for you. If we have fresh cake donuts for you from Destination Donuts doing a pop up from a Food Truck for Mobile Monday in February…..would that be relevant to your interests?

FoodFort
    Participant

New web site for Destination Donuts…..and, donuts served at North Market This weekend.

http://www.destinationdonuts.com/our-donuts/

News
    Participant

Treat to Try: Dueling Vanilla Donut
    Published on February 8, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Anne

If you haven’t been able to try a donut from pop-up donut shop Destination Donuts yet, get thee to the North Market and try one (although check her schedule first). Can we just say YUM. It may seem silly to go with a simple vanilla donut when there are more very creative flavors on the menu, but most folks love a glazed the best!* and I wanted to try it.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/treat-to-try-dueling-vanilla-donut

foxforcefive
    Participant

It looks like your website got hacked…but the donuts look delicious!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Update!
    from their facebook page:
    Destination Donuts
    Hello my donut loving friends. I just wanted to provide you with a quick update on The Hills Market deliveries. The Worthington location will be receiving deliveries Fri, Sat and Sun beginning 3/8 and will receive deliveries 7 days a week later in the month of March. I don’t want anyone to be disappointed if they stop in on a weekday and you can’t get your donut fix:) But SOON you can get them every day. And thanks again to everyone that came to visit me this weekend at the North Market. You guys totally make the hard work worth it!

News
    Participant

Destination Donuts Coming to both Hills Market Locations
    Published on March 5, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

Beginning on March 8, Destination Donuts will be delivering to The Hills Market Worthington Fridays through Sundays, with seven day a week delivery planned before the end of March.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/destination-donuts-coming-to-both-hills-market-locations-aw1

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

new update, they are being offered in more places:
    From Facebook:
    “Super excited to be offering my decadent donut creations at Luck Bros Coffee House this coming Sunday! If you’re in Grandview and in need of a good cup of joe and a donut fix, swing on by their shop! I know that Andy will take good care of you :)”

We’re really excited to have Heather of Destination Donuts as our featured speaker for our upcoming Too Many Cooks event on July 14th at Wild Goose Creative. She’ll be talking about how she got started making donuts and giving a demonstration of her vegan fresh strawberry donut! It’s only $5 to get in and that includes a sample of her finished product. You can find more info on the Facebook event page[/url].

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER