Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dennison Place Memorial Park - any info?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dennison Place Memorial Park – any info?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

howatzer
    Participant

Does anyone know who’s responsible for upkeep of the “Dennison Place Memorial Park” (park space on north side of 5th ave between Highland and Forsythe)? I live nearby and the place is a wreck – broken glass, garbage, broken benches, tall weeds. I guess the grass got mowed at some point, but other than that, it needs some work before it turns into wino central. My guess is that some neighborhood association originally took care of it, but people moved away and/or lost interest.

somertimeoh
    Participant

I don’t remember it not being maintained last summer so I’m guessing it’s the city. Maybe you could organize a clean up day with some of your neighbors. Wouldn’t take very long with a small group of people. There’s people in this board that live on Highland that might be interested in helping :)

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

I live on Forsythe, the Husband and I would be available to help in the cleanup efforts…

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

the neighbors are responsible for that area, it used to be a real showcase years ago….check with the Martha Walker Garden Club folks 224-3600 to see if they will help with hauling or materials. I know they provide plants, mulch and other services to the circles.

howatzer
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the info and the offer to help clean up. I’ll get in touch with the Garden Club about organizing a work day. I think the place could also really use some lighting, so I’ll get in touch the UAC about that.
    Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE