Messageboard - Events Outside Columbus

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

DEMF 2009 (Movement) May 23rd-25th

Home Forums Events Events Outside Columbus DEMF 2009 (Movement) May 23rd-25th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author

cramos97

Feel free to email [email protected]. Thanks and hope to see you out!

wow i didnt kno there was so much trance hate….im personally more into house and electro but come on, i just wanna see tiesto and for the last minute big house acts, come on pryda, morillo, digweed

Neil Jaye

Am I losing my mind? Didn’t I see Carl Cox on this year’s line-up? I haven’t been to DEMF in years but I really hope to make it up this year. Aside from it being a blast, it is the one of the best electronic music festivals in North America and its right next door.

So, being a person that appreciates [nearly] all forms of electronic music I fell to understand why some people would waste the time and energy to harbor so much hate for one particular genre of music. Like it or not, I feel that Trance’s popularity opened the door for many people to be introduced to other genres of EDM including Techno. Come on admit it, how many of you listened to Tranceport back in the day. Without the popularity of – and you can call them sellouts, etc. – Paul Oakenfold, Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk, and the long list of (at least at one time) Trance DJ’s, many of the people on this site (not all) would probably never have been exposed to electronic music and would continue to lump it ALL in the genre of “techno” (God, that is a personal pet peeve of mine). So just give all genres their due. House samples other’s music, Techno samples other’s sounds, DnB samples other’s riffs, and Trance reworks other’s songs. It’s not a trait of one genre exclusively. NO genre is more skilled and superior to another, it’s just your personal taste. And remember there are lot of rockers and hip hop fans that say ALL electronic music is simple computer punching and looping that requires no musical talent and deserves no artistic creditability. Are they right? Of course not.

With that said, I do have to admit that I like Scott’s music comparisons but I do not think I would have used such mainstream popular artists like the Beatles or Jay-Z to make your point. I assume you’re making the reference to The Beatle and Jay-Z (I disagree a little about Jay-Z being the pioneer he’s made out to be, but its just me) being groundbreakers since Detroit Techno and House were the building blocks for EDM as we know it. I would use a band that might be more innovators; like early blues or R&B for the Rock/Pop reference and early rap with someone like Sugar Hill Gang. But I get your point and even though I do like trance I think your point is somewhat valid.

enzo
    Participant

Where is the line up list with Carl Cox? I hope he did not cancel. I am so super excited to go regardless. I like Infected Mushroom, N.A.S.A.and some others–listen to Goa Psy Radio and you might like it… but my favorite is house and techno forever. Still not into DNB-

Neil Jaye

Goa and Psy-trance is hit or miss with me. Sometimes I really like it (like what Alberto plays), other times it is a little too…I don’t know something else…and I’m not really feeling it. Yahel is pretty good.

enzo
    Participant

i love Alberto….awesome.

Maybe after DEMF we can get a group together from Columbus and go to Burning Man!! http://www.burningman.com/blackrockcity_yearround/artists_performers/musicians.php

scottlitch
    Participant

Jason Allen and Seth Yender have been added to Sunday’s Beretta after-party lineup. Carl Cox is on the lineup…
    Paxahau Website (for the schedule)

honavery

The first time I went in 2001, Carl Cox was on the lineup and didn’t show. Hopefully that doesn’t happen this time. I don’t see Detroit listed on his website.

http://www.carlcox.com/

scottlitch
    Participant

[code]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2BE7mvKu5Y&feature=player_embedded[/code]

scottlitch
    Participant

honavery wrote >>
    The first time I went in 2001, Carl Cox was on the lineup and didn’t show. Hopefully that doesn’t happen this time. I don’t see Detroit listed on his website.
    http://www.carlcox.com/

I was there too in 2001. They said Carl was sick so he sent his label partner, Jim Masters to fill in.

aaron dae

aaron dae

Hey DEMF Peoples, just want to give you a quick heads up about something we’re pretty excited to share with you.

We’ve linked up with a really cool UK based company called MIXA that makes these sweet little USB Cassette Tapes. It’s literally an old
    school Cassette Tape that holds up to a gig of music and you can design yourself. They have agreed to give us some surprise goodies to pass
    out at our DEMF “Official After-Party” event: Now In Stereo.

———————————————————————
    MIXA has also been kind enough to give us an exclusive 10% off code to share with all of our guests on their website.

1) Go to: http://www.makeamixa.com/?aff=demf
    2) Make your MIXA
    3) Enter Promo Code: “demf1”

donnie

disco at demf

5/22 – the prodigy @ the fillmore
    5/23 – kaskade @ nove
    5/24 – sander van doorn @ nove

http://www.wantickets.com

Boyd

aaron dae wrote >>

Wow, what a line-up! Diz, Fiasco, and Ken Christionsen are masters behind the decks. This is THE party to attend.

naps

What up Aaron!! Glad to see you on the Columbus board too!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

The forum ‘Events Outside Columbus’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: