Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Defend Nationwide Arena

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Defend Nationwide Arena

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

#DEFENDNWA

Blue Jackets fans: join the battle together and help us #DEFENDNWA beginning August 29th when single game tickets go on sale!

Wednesday, 08.22.2012

By Blue Jackets Staff – Writer

BOOM! — Are you ready? We’re so close to dropping the puck on the season. We can’t wait to hit the ice to begin a new chapter in CBJ lore. We need your help, though. Consider this our “call to arms.” We’re asking all of you to join the battle, and defend Nationwide Arena on August 29th. What does this mean?

READ MORE: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=640191

M.O.
    Participant

“What does this mean?”

It means they think Bluejackets fans have all been hit in the head by hockey pucks. The “What does this mean” link invites you to buy tickets … which people have been doing for over a decade (not to mention $20 parking, and $9 beers) while the friends-of-John-Jr. in the front office have traded away the best defensemen and bet the house on a keeper who taps out.

There’s a gross misunderstanding here about who needs to defend whom at Nationwide Arena.

swinzo1010
    Participant

M.O. said:

while the friends-of-John-Jr. in the front office have traded away the best defensemen and bet the house on a keeper who taps out.

Rick Nash plays offense. I actually kinda like the new marketing effort but it will be pretty hard to defend Nationwide Arena if there is a NHL lockout for the season…

Yeti22
    Participant

#DEFENDNWA
    NWA? Did Dre and Cube get in legal trouble?
    Nice hashtag.

swinzo1010
    Participant

Yeti22 said:
    #DEFENDNWA
    NWA? Did Dre and Cube get in legal trouble?
    Nice hashtag.

Didn’t even notice that! Pretty bad hash tag

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

swinzo1010 said:
    Didn’t even notice that! Pretty bad hash tag

With as dismal as the Blue Jackets are there is a good chance that the hash tag won’t catch on anyways.

brothermarcus
    Participant

I know that we now own the arena and everything as Franklin County taxpayers… but in case of a real battle there are much better defensive structures around town, I think we could let that building go in favor of the Health Department if push comes to shove. I’ve heard the lock-out is only projected through Christmas at this point, so some of those late-season tickets might get used… maybe?

NerosNeptune
    Participant

It’s probably for the best that the season gets locked out considering the franchise would only lose more money, and it would save them the embarrassment of hosting an all-star game with no local player on the roster.

bjones7
    Participant

Defend? Last time I checked, the FANS were not causing the Bluejackets to loose?!? The Bluejackets need to learn how to share. NBA NBA NBA!

bjones7
    Participant

If anything I believe the fans should all wear brown paper bags on their heads until the bluejackets prove them selves (aka winning more than .500)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE