Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Deepwood Restaurant

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Deepwood Restaurant

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Deepwood is joining Dine Originals!

http://www.deepwoodrestaurant.com

Just in time for Taste of the Independents too!

Roland
    Participant

That’s excellent. I’ve enjoyed my meal every time there. I hope to see them get more exposure and succeed.

TheOtherZach

That’s great news!

somertimeoh
    Participant

Yay, can’t wait for discount gift certificates!! I love love love this place, but I forget about it sometimes because I don’t walk by it all the time. Must remember when Jim’s parents are here. Yummy!!

Roland, I still dream about that ball of steak tar tar :)

Roland
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>
    Yay, can’t wait for discount gift certificates!! I love love love this place, but I forget about it sometimes because I don’t walk by it all the time. Must remember when Jim’s parents are here. Yummy!!
    Roland, I still dream about that ball of steak tar tar :)

My favorite appetizer! I hope it’s still on the menu. I need to get back there soon.

Core_Models

There’s only a handful of restaurants I really care about left who aren’t in the DO crew (and one of those I have a feeling may be soon).

Gotta love this group!

News
    Participant

Review: Lunch at Deepwood
    Published on November 14, 2012 10:00 am
    By: Morgan Kelley

Similar to Black Creek Bistro (which I reviewed last week), Deepwood is another gem in the local dining scene that allows for both date night extravagance and affordable lunchtime options. The standard soup, salad, sandwich selections at Deepwood are punctuated with high brow ingredients including duck confit, chilled oysters and pheasant sausage. Still, many of these dishes remain accessible to casual diners looking for a change of pace.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/review-lunch-at-deepwood

News
    Participant

FROM HERE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-roundup-pop-up-taqueria-haiku-versary-downtown-luau-more-aw1

Deepwood Offers Three Courses for Gallery Hop

For dinner at June’s Gallery Hop, scheduled for Saturday, June 1st, consider making reservations at Deepwood which will be offering a special three-course, $25 tasting menu. Diners can choose from a Shrimp Duo, Pork Perfect Nachos, and Vegetable Charcuterie for the first course; Dry BBQ Rubbed & Smoked Brisket, Tomato Pasta, or Almond-Crusted Cod for the second. Dessert will be a Coconut Tasting. Deepwood Restaurant stands at 511 N. High Street.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

^that sounds awesome.
    Deepwood has a Langoustine Lobster dish on their menu right now that is just incredible, honey grits, andouille, spinach, tomato, and tomato fondue.

I love this place!

Ajumama
    Participant

What!?! noooo!!!!!!!

SJT
    SJT
    Participant

This is such sad news. We had one of my all-time favorite St. James employee /holiday parties there during a crazy snow/ice storm several years ago. It was one of my favorite restaurants for sure. I loved the separate vegetarian menu they offered. Never had anything but top-notch food and service there. They will be missed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: