Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Decorated Birthday Cakes

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Decorated Birthday Cakes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

James
    Participant

Who makes good ones?

There used to be a place on north high south of the North Star in Beechwold – anybody know what I’m talking about?

Twixlen
    Participant

How decorated are you looking for? Do you want old school? Something that looks like your dog?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Twixlen
    Participant

Bakery Gingham does cakes that look like other things. Resch’s does cakes in a more old school-classic-birthday-cake style, that are so delicious, you’ll cry.

The Goodie Shop in the Tremont Plaza in Upper Arlington also makes a fantastic cake – and can be fairly fancy with it, leaning toward old school.

AmyJ
    Participant

I recently ordered cupcakes for a party from Kittie’s Cakes (www.kittiescakes.com) and they were amazing. Highly recommend.

+1 for Resch’s too.

James
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    How decorated are you looking for? Do you want old school? Something that looks like your dog?

Pretty basic decorations – I was looking more for really excellent cake.

James
    Participant

0Angle said:
    http://www.mrsgoodmans.com/

That’s it – really good cake last time I had it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Twixlen said:
    Bakery Gingham does cakes that look like other things.

+1 for Gingham!

We got a great cake from there to fit the theme of a birthday party and they did a really nice job. Pink buttercream icing with oreo cake! Yum!

Anonymous
    Inactive

^ Beautiful. Sounds delicious, too. Whoo is a favorite word of one year olds as I recall.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

It was!
    Also, short north piece of cake puts a lot on their Facebook page.
    I usually have a pretty clear idea of what I want, BG did a great job of interpreting it. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Piece of Cake is top notch. They made a delicious birthday cake decorated to look like a morel mushroom that was mind bogglingly complicated in both design and execution. WAY surpassed my expectation.

jdlilly

I know my desserts, as it is a part of my job to know where the best food items come from in Columbus. I cannot recommend O So Yummy cakes enough. http://www.osoyummy.com/
    I ordered my son’s first birthday cake from Olivia. She did a 2 tiered cake a molded a large Cookie Monster on top. It was whimsical, delicious, and reasonably priced.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Another vote for Piece of Cake.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: