Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

de NOVO Bistro and Bar

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining de NOVO Bistro and Bar

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

SusanB
    Participant

I too found brunch there to be underwhelming.

News
    Participant

Happy Hour: De-Novo Bistro & Bar
    Wednesday June 27, 2012 8:45 PM
    By Jesse Tigges

There’s a lot to like about De-Novo Bistro & Bar. The classy interior features a relaxed atmosphere and modern-art eye candy. The uber-soft barstools invite you to stay for a few drinks. And the Columbus Commons-adjacent location offers a nice landscape that’s only a short walk for Downtown office workers. With all that said, the happy hour is one of the best things about the restaurant.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2012/06/28/happy-hour-de-novo-bistro–bar.html

columbusguy20
    columbusguy20
    Participant

Had dinner here with a friend for the first time in late May and enjoyed it very much. We were really impressed with the interior and “cozy” patio area facing South High Street. My companion thought that the service could have been a bit more polished but overall it was friendly and rather well executed. The food was very good; I had the vegetable stack while my companion had the fish, which he said was cooked to perfection and tasted wonderful. Although it was quite pricey, de NOVO is a great addition to the dining scene in Columbus and I hope that they continue to do well.

cherylharrison
    Participant

I had some drunk brunch here this past Saturday and thought it was great! Though admittedly service was a bit slow, but I’m never really in a hurry for brunch. Especially when there is vodka and champagne involved.

Drunk Brunch: de-NOVO Bistro and Bar

News
    Participant

Review: de-NOVO Bistro & Bar
    Published on August 15, 2012 10:30 am
    By: Morgan Kelley

de-NOVO is open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, and serves everything from a $7 pancake platter to a $72 wagyu strip steak. In order to keep this review from being all over the map, I decided to focus my first visit on de-NOVO’s collection of unique small plates that that grace their main menu. And by unique, I really do mean unique.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/review-de-novo-bistro-bar

News
    Participant

New Columbus Chefs: Mike Gadd
    Published on October 17, 2012 1:20 pm
    By: Walker

de-NOVO is a newer restaurant on the Columbus dining scene, having opened their doors Downtown just under a year ago. The restaurant quickly became a fan favorite here in Columbus Underground, placing 5th on our list of best new restaurants of 2011 after only a month in operation. Mike Gadd became the new executive sous chef at de-NOVO recently, and brings some noteworthy experience to the restaurant despite his young age.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-columbus-chefs-mike-gadd

howatzer
    Participant

Went for dinner the other night and it was good – not fantastic like the best of the Short North and GV scene, but solid. A bit overpriced though, considering what you could get for the same amount at one of the top spots in town.

However, when we ordered a bottle of wine, the waiter appeared with our bottle and a bottle of one of the house’s “featured” wines, which he proceeded to try to sell us instead (for $10 more than the one we ordered). He eventually admitted that management had bought a whole lot of this stuff (unknown aussie blends in the $60-100 range) and no one was buying it unsurprisingly, and so now they were trying to pawn it off. So very hoakie. That, combined with the cheesy elevator jazz muzak.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

We’ve heard positive things about the food but the wine list is why we’ve never been there. Usual suspects with outrageous markups. If you’re going to mark up a wine three or four times over cost and it’s on every grocery store shelf, make sure you’re a chain restaurant first.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Maybe you can BYOB there?

meltsintowonder
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Maybe you can BYOB there?

Do you think we can use their stemware and corkscrew too? Great idea!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via FB:

de-NOVO back entrance got a face lift

mbeaumont
    Participant

Beautiful. That alley has a ton of potential!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

yeah, I love it. I wish the city would string lights up in that alley. It would be great if deNovo could have a little patio back there too!

News
    Participant

Restaurant review: Urbane brunches at de-NOVO are a damn good time
    By G.A. Benton
    From the November 21, 2013 edition

You’ve gotta hand it to Yavonne Sarber. As an apparently tireless owner of the brand new Chez du Bon (expect a review on that place soon), Manifesto and de-NOVO, she’s been ambitiously investing in — and betting on — our Downtown’s revival. So whatever you think about her flamboyant enterprises, the bottom line is if her businesses thrive, it’s great for Columbus. This is why I was glad to discover the fun and urbane Saturday and Sunday brunches (9 a.m.-3 p.m.) now being served at de-NOVO.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2013/11/21/restaurant-review-urbane-brunches-at-de-novo-are-a-damn-good-time.html

JAL
    Participant

So does this mean they are moving into Highpoint?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE