Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dawes Arboretum

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dawes Arboretum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Went to Newark’s Dawes Arboretum today. Worth checking out for sure! 1,800 acres & home to one of the world’s largest hedge letterings.

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

nikon_girl

gorgeous!! Thanks for the suggestion, might check it out next weekend :-)

chaptal
    Participant

The Japanese Garden and cypress swamp are really cool.

GW_Justice
    Participant

How coincidental – my family was at Dawes just this Friday.

The Japanese Garden is the high point, but take time to do plenty of walking around to see other parts of the place. The road tour has lots of stopping points that allow you to get out and explore, then return to the car to move to the next stop.

What got me was the way they maintain the place – so much work must be done. I went to Dawes back in 1978 for a wedding that was held on the island in the center of the Japanese garden pond. The place looked just the same after all these years.

Oh, and be sure to check the Bonsai trees in the visitor center. A lot of them are 70. 80 years old.

The last time I went was perhaps 8 years ago….I remember being most impressed with the japanese gardens.Def a good/short day trip!!

revolver

i’ve been there quite a few times… it’s a beautiful place. definitely worth the drive!

beescrubbs13

I love Dawes! A friend of mine lives in Heath so I have been there a lot. The look out is beautiful of course. But for me the highlight is the Japanese Garden. It is breathtaking.

davidball

Dawes is beautiful and changes throughout the year. Every season brings something new. Spring and fall are probably the best, but a snowy walk in the winter can be amazing. Definitely worth the trip!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION