Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dang Jehovah Witnesses

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Dang Jehovah Witnesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Darien D.
    Darien D.
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Reminds me of when I walked into Bally’s Gym to get information on their membership rates. Only all the old ladies are replaced by Mr. Olympias and I couldn’t get out because Mr. Triceps was blocking the door. All I wanted was an informational brochure, but they kept bringing guy after guy to intimidate me into getting a membership.

So did ya get one? ;)

Darien D.
    Darien D.
    Participant

And just to add, I apologize if I offended anyone with this thread. Was just trying to fit into the crowd here and generate a conversation with possibly others who felt the same way I do. Perhaps I went about it the wrong way. I was told it was in poor taste and that’s just the way I fly, it’s my nature, my personality. So maybe it’s best I move on.

And no, this ain’t no ‘sob story’, I’m just sayin that I don’t think I fit in here because I tend to be a little belligerent and to-the-point and some people, understandably, find it…well, not so nice. So I think I should find other ways to hook up with my fellow Columbusites… or maybe not.

M.O.
    Participant

Darien: In every large city you will find at least one person who is offended by the idea of offending Jehova’s Witnesses, and I think you found that one person.

Since you brought this person out of the woodwork in under two pages you win the CU High-Signal-to-Noise Fistbro.

geoyui
    Participant

Darien D. said:
    So did ya get one? ;)

thankfully no. i swore off Bally’s and joined a local gym.

Darien D.
    Darien D.
    Participant

M.O. said:
    Darien: In every large city you will find at least one person who is offended by the idea of offending Jehova’s Witnesses, and I think you found that one person.

Since you brought this person out of the woodwork in under two pages you win the CU High-Signal-to-Noise Fistbro.

I was kind of thinking the same thing because I realize that, especially these days, you can’t do or say anything without offending someone. Hell, you can’t even say “Merry Christmas” anymore without somebody taking offense to it. It makes me want to say “I find it offensive that you’re offended.”

(haha, just something I heard on 610 a couple of times)

But, at the same time (even though I know it’s not possible to please EVERYONE) I really don’t mean to upset people by what I say. But hey, it’s still my opinion that door-to-door ANYTHING should be outlawed. Don’t come to my door unless I say you can. And I’m not talking just about religion – I don’t want the energy people knocking on my door, I don’t want Girl Scouts knocking on my door, I don’t want the neighborhood kid who’s trying to make a buck by offering to cut my lawn knocking on my door either.

My main point was that some of these people DON’T take no for an answer.

PS – thanks ;)

Darien D.
    Darien D.
    Participant

geoyui said:
    thankfully no. i swore off Bally’s and joined a local gym.

Probably better off :)

FireEngine
    Participant

Darien D. said:
    “Merry Christmas”

You dirty SOB.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

M.O. said:
    Darien: In every large city you will find at least one person who is offended by ANYTHING…

Fixed that for ya. ;)

Seriously though, there are topics people agree on and topics people disagree on. That’s the nature of every conversation everywhere.

Darien D.
    Darien D.
    Participant

FireEngine said:
    You dirty SOB.

I should be horsewhipped, I know.

But Merry Christmas anyway, LOL

Darien D.
    Darien D.
    Participant

Walker said:
    Fixed that for ya. ;)

Seriously though, there are topics people agree on and topics people disagree on. That’s the nature of every conversation everywhere.

Well, true. If everyone shared the same opinion, there would be no point in conversation.

sirlancelot
    Participant

My exoerience has been that a simple “no thank you” to peddlers who visit my door will suffice. If the same people keep returning, then contact their church or organisation and complain. If visits continue, call the police and have the visitors cited. As for appearing naked at the door, I don’t recommend it because one could be arrested for public indecency, or worse, an old hag might get turned on! This reminds of a story I heard when I was a kid: Mother was raking grass clippings next to the flower garden, located next to the street. A woman was walking by and carrying a portable record player which was playing a vicious anti-Catholic sermon. We aren’t Catholic but that didn’t stop mother from taking the rake and beating the hell out of that woman and chasing her down street. The Baptists never came back.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: