Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dang Jehovah Witnesses

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Dang Jehovah Witnesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Darien D.
    Darien D.
    Participant

Going door to door preaching religion should be illegal.

M.O.
    Participant

Once two nice old ladies showed up at my door bearing The Watchtower and started babbling about how there’s so much witchcraft going on in today’s world. For giggles I told them that it was the “in” thing nowadays and that both my wife and I were witches … and that we loved being able to get around traffic jams on brooms.

I thought that would scare them off, but a few days later they showed up with a full rescue committee.

They are different kinda folks.

Darien D.
    Darien D.
    Participant

M.O. said:
    Once two nice old ladies showed up at my door bearing The Watchtower and started babbling about how there’s so much witchcraft going on in today’s world. For giggles I told them that it was the “in” thing nowadays and that both my wife and I were witches … and that we loved being able to get around traffic jams on brooms.

I thought that would scare them off, but a few days later they showed up with a full rescue committee.

They are different kinda folks.

Haha, “rescue committee”, too funny. Something similar happened to me…

A couple of older ladies came to my door as well, probably… hmmm, I don’t know, it’s been a couple of years now. Anyway, they handed me their literature and started their preaching and I tried to be nice about it, telling them not to waste their time because I didn’t believe in God. They looked at me like I had two heads and one of them was like, “Oh dear, we’re so sorry to hear that, why don’t you let us educate you about the beauty of salvation,” and yada yada yada. I told them I wasn’t interested and that I had things to do and I closed the door.

Couple days later, they came back. They wanted to check on me and, for my own well-being, talk to me about their cause. Again I told them no, that I wasn’t interested AT ALL in talking about it and that I had no interest in God and religion. They apologized for bothering me again and went away.

Fast forward to the next weekend, the same two ladies came back with yet another lady tagging along. I was like okay, you’ve got to be kidding me. It’s like they were trying to ‘save’ me or something and they wouldn’t be satisfied until they did. I finally had to tell them that their visits were bordering on harassment and told them NOT to come back to my house again.

My politeness only stretches so far and beyond a certain point, you’re going to pi** me off.

catnfiddle
    Participant

Last time I opened the door to two of them, we got into a heated argument about blasphemy, which I ended when I got bored. That was over a decade ago. These days, I don’t answer the door for anyone I don’t know, even for Girl Scout cookies.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Yeah I don’t open the door for anyone I’m not expecting. It’s never something good.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

I was asleep naked in my living room many years ago after a rough night (don’t ask) when someone knocked on the door VERY early in the morning. I answered the door without actually waking up (or remembering I was in the buff).

I vaguely remember seeing some woman holding a copy of the watchtower about where my junk was. I also vaguely remember grunting and closing the door.

never saw them again at that apartment. I think I got blacklisted.

I just wish that worked for these AT&T weasels who keep showing up.

Darien D.
    Darien D.
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t answer the door anymore either, unless I’m expecting somebody I know. The ones that stopped by today, I looked out the window, pulling the curtain back to make sure they saw me peeking at them, then walked away, leaving them stand at the door.

Hopefully that gave them the hint that I have no desire to talk to them.

And I agree about the AT&T peeps. Or First Energy, whoever the heck they are. They don’t get an answer from me either.

GO AWAY.

Karl

Darien D. said:
    Going door to door preaching religion should be illegal.

+1000

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

I find a quick conversation about love for all creatures usually repels the unwanted visitors. My ironic opener is usually something like, “your god scares me, he seems so angry and wants to hurt my friends…my god loves everyone, especially those whom others would cast aside. I wish your god was more loving, but hey that’s cool my god loves and forgives you guys, she just wishes you would stop scaring folks….”

Darien D.
    Darien D.
    Participant

Haha, that’s a good one.

But you know, there’s some truth in that.

joev
    Participant

It’s just as easy to say, “No thanks.”

Mister Shifter
    Participant

They’re rampant and relentless in my neighborhood. I’ve tried all manners of repelling them, being nice, annoyed, mad. Drives me up a wall.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I don’t think we’ve ever had any come to our door.

An unintended perk of living on the Near East Side? ;)

Rockmastermike
    Participant

The Mormons are just as bad but they’re easier to troll. I got one of them so riled up (out in Hilliard) just by telling him my “no peddlers” sign applied to peddling religion too that he tried to actually pick a fight. His cohort had to restrain him and drag him away. I dunno if the guy was actually going to take a swing at me but he sure looked like he was. I ’bout died laughing.

bjones7
    Participant

Yup, Mormons were knocking on my door the other day, just south of Lewis Center. No Jehovah witnesses, but its just a matter of time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: