Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dahlia Bar & Lounge opens this weekend

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Dahlia Bar & Lounge opens this weekend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

OneBagTravel
    Participant

This came across my Twitter feed today. It’s located where The Garage used to be on 147 W Vine St

http://www.dahliacolumbus.com/ *WARNING ANNOYING HOUSE MUSIC*

But it looks like their menu is decent and they have a lot of acts coming up
    http://www.dahliacolumbus.com/#upcomingevents

Could this be a revive of the “off park st” night club scene?

I subtract points from their website for still having the Word Press logo as their Favicon and the annoying autoplay music.

bayrea
    Participant

TECHNO CHICKEN WINGS IN YOUR FACE!

I didn’t realize Garage Bar shut down. I kinda thought that place was “interesting.” It’s been at least a year since I was there but every time I did it was kinda fun. Also, Paul Van Dyke? Wow

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

oh yeah bayrea! already got my pvd ticket! see you there? :)

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Techno Viking approves

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

I subtract points from their website for still having the Word Press logo as their Favicon and the annoying autoplay music.

They lose points for their favicon, but not for the “Banner Placeholder” header?

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

Not only did the Garage shut down, there was actually another place there in between Garage and Dahlia – Bucks and Pucks (they did little beyond change all of the signing).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Not only did the Garage shut down, there was actually another place there in between Garage and Dahlia – Bucks and Pucks (they did little beyond change all of the signing).

I believe that Bucks and Pucks was only open about 3 weeks.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

a reference to Techno Viking makes any thread better.

and yes PVD is the only one of those acts I’ve heard of. But that’s not a surprise.

austin83
    Participant

Felt like it was small in there. Having bigger acts in there seems like it would be packed. Should have tried the old lodge Bar.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Drove by it last night. It was dark and I went by quick but it looked plain white with black trim and the windows were papered off? Kind of looked like a strip club. Not judging, just a quick first impression. I honestly don’t think this building or the BrickYard are going to last beyond another couple of years anyway. That land is just too valuable.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Not judging, just a quick first impression.

I don’t think nightclubs are ever anything you can judge from the outside. ;)

RedStorm
    Participant

https://www.columbusunderground.com/dahlia-bar-lounge-jt1

The concepts in the review confuse me a bit.

Dahlia wishes to become a venue in which live music is performed, dancing encouraged, and sports are rejoiced from large flat screens.

So they kept all the big flat screens from Garage/Bucks & Pucks for sports…but want live music…and a more mature vibe…and dancing?

Are they competing with the dance floors at Cantina & Callahan’s? Or are they trying to attract less drunk sports fans from Brothers and R Bar? The whole concept just doesn’t seem to go together for the space they have, but what do I know.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Everything about that website is horrible. This place looks like the biggest nightmare I can imagine. I am physically uncomfortable. Someone send help.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Someone send help.

You’re in luck! Patronage is not mandatory! ;)

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Hopefully they utilize tv screens like Double Happiness does, showing fun and weird videos and the like, if there’s dancing going on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE