Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cutting the Wire - Goodbye Cable TV

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Cutting the Wire – Goodbye Cable TV

Viewing 4 posts - 106 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

So I will be using some retired hardware to build an Ubuntu media server. Gee….I wonder if I could build what was a top of the line system from 2001 to handle this task. Yes, I wonder if a HAL 9000 would make a good network media server.

My luck I would get, “I’m sorry Dave. I can’t record that TV show right now.”

RedStorm
    Participant
    Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

As if another reason to get rid of cable was needed… This rats’ nest appears to grow bigger every day when I walk by on the way to get coffee, the latest additions include dangling cable wires within reach of the sidewalk. I figured that might pose a bit of a safety concern so I did my due diligence and reported it to the 311 site as well as PUCO, at the urging of the 311 rep.

How the cable companies can just continue to add new lines without being held accountable for the existing blows my mind.
    cable wires overkill dangerous

peecee54
    Participant

I cut cable off a year ago. I use the Clear TV antena for local viewing. I realized I was paying for shows I never watch. I’m a PBS Watcher. Now I need a good internet provider that does not increase price every six months. I had ATT but their prices can be crazy.

Viewing 4 posts - 106 through 109 (of 109 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: