Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Currito

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  News 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Currito Expanding to Columbus with University District Location

Published on June 27, 2013 8:00 am

By: Ayana Wilson

Burritos have come a long way from the generic rice, beans, and meat wrapped in a bland flour tortilla that have been the bread-and-butter of several large Mexican-themed restaurants around the country for decades. Now, burritos can be made with exotic ingredients from cuisines outside the Mexican tradition – and they are delicious.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/currito-expanding-to-columbus-with-university-district-location-aw1

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Looks like a good addition to the Large Assembly Line Burrito District!

mrmann

NerosNeptune said:
    Looks like a good addition to the Large Assembly Line Burrito District!

Lol…that was what I was thinking when I read this on the front page. Qdoba, Chipotle, Moes, Currito…

I wish these guys would really start thinking outside of the chipotle box and instead of adding buffalo sauce or yelling hello do something really different like Piada.

billbix

Surprised there isn’t a Piada on that stretch of High St.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Jman4ever
    Participant

mrmann said:
    Lol…that was what I was thinking when I read this on the front page. Qdoba, Chipotle, Moes, Currito…

I wish these guys would really start thinking outside of the chipotle box and instead of adding buffalo sauce or yelling hello do something really different like Piada.

Agree for the most part.
    Maybe, just maybe they will convince Chipotle to move forward with Chorizo and breakfast burrito as an offering though.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

If Chipotle brings breakfast to Columbus, my life as I know it is over.

GCrites80s
    Participant

mrmann said:

The money’s too good running these fast casual mini-cafeterias with proven concepts. That’s how they’re able to give you so much decent food cheap and fast by only making a few items in large amounts with minimal kitchen equipment.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mister Shifter said:
    If Chipotle brings breakfast to Columbus, my life as I know it is over.

Also… start serving that at 1am. ;)

bucki12

Since Mexica closed there has been a void downtown. I would really like a few fast food options. It would be great to have more options there. I guess campus though has pretty constant foot traffic (morning, noon, and night) and is hard to beat.

Graybeak
    Participant

bucki12 said:
    Since Mexica closed there has been a void downtown. I would really like a few fast food options. It would be great to have more options there. I guess campus though has pretty constant foot traffic (morning, noon, and night) and is hard to beat.

That’s ok. Soon we will be able to get $9.00 red velvet pancakes and $12.99 caramel apple pancakes. That is a swell trade off!

susank

Graybeak said:
    That’s ok. Soon we will be able to get $9.00 red velvet pancakes and $12.99 caramel apple pancakes. That is a swell trade off!

What’s going in there? :)

Graybeak
    Participant

susank said:
    What’s going in there? :)

Here is their out of date website.
    Super Chefs Breakfast and More![/url]

susank

That cinches it – diabetes here I come. ;)

Classic Belgian Waffle or Pancakes – $9
    Tiramisu French Toast – $11
    Peanut Butter Crunchy French Toast – $11
    Crème Brulee French Toast – $11

I just had lunch at Currito, and I honestly have to say it tastes better to me than Chipotle! Definitely worth giving the place a try! The Nutella milkshake is interesting, too!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: