Our City Online

Messageboard - CU Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

CU Happy Hour - Thur June 4th @ Encore

Home Forums Events CU Events CU Happy Hour – Thur June 4th @ Encore

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

MONTHLY HAPPY HOUR MEETUP – AT ENCORE!

Thursday, June 4 from 6-9 p.m.

Happy hour includes:

$4 Martinis

$4 House Red and White Wines

$3 Jim Beam and Cuervo Cocktails

$2 Domestic Beers

$2 Well Drinks

Complimentary hors d’oeuvres

Encore is Located at Handke’s Cusine – 520 S. Front Street in the Brewery District

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Who is Jim Bean? ;)

lifeliberty
    Participant

LL’s brother, cousin to Mr. Bean.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

DOH!

The spell check didn’t catch that. ;)

Hael

osulew wrote >>
    Who is Jim Bean? ;)

Mexican whiskey?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Har har. I got it fixed. ;)

Has anyone been to check this place out yet? I think it could be a pretty fun happy hour. :D

chaptal
    Participant

My GF and I went last night and were impressed. Might even show up for the happy hour. No beer on tap, but a decent selection. Wine list was ok, not great, but ok. Food portions were small but fairly priced. I hope they rotate the menu as you can might bored with it after a few visits.

ZHC

Cool there’s a decent chance I might be able to actually make this one.

Bear
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    Has anyone been to check this place out yet? I think it could be a pretty fun happy hour. :D

Yes. Great ambience, liked the food, modern cocktail menu.

katieb

I will be there thanks to the fact that it’s on Thursday. yay!

TaraK
    Participant

Sweet. Is this generally open to all? We’ve lived here a few weeks and would LOVE to meet someone other than our kind, elderly neighbor.

Bear
    Participant

TaraK wrote >>
    Sweet. Is this generally open to all? We’ve lived here a few weeks and would LOVE to meet someone other than our kind, elderly neighbor.

Actually, I’d say it’s especially open to you. Welcome.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yes, this is open to anyone and everyone. There is typically a nice mix of regulars and newcomers. A great time to make some new friends and check out a venue (we change it every time) that you may have never been to before.

:D

bjboose

Hate to rain on anybody’s parade, but I posted my experience there in official Encore thread.

Long story short…2 bartenders/servers for the place. Two of us at a table are the ONLY people ordering drinks and food. There was a table of 8 done and getting checks and another couple slowly drinking at the bar. Took 10 minutes after ordering to get drinks. Took 20 mins for a delicious and small pizza. Then took another 15 minutes to get a salad of tomatoes, lettuce, dressing and croutons. Waited another 15 minutes to get french fries.

We ordered everything at once to come out in stages. How can it take 15 mins to make a salad if we are the only people there? We left before getting the last 2 dishes which I paid for anyways just to get out of the place.

Maybe just my experience but it was awful and I won’t go back.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’ve only been in one time, but didn’t have any problems with the service being slow.

And not that I’m trying to make any excuses, but I’m pretty sure that they do share the same kitchen with Handke’s, so perhaps there were more people dining in there that could have attributed to some of the delays.

Either way, I’d still encourage folks to come out to the meetup! ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

The forum ‘CU Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!