Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

CU Focus Group: How to lure someone in to their first Food Truck Experience

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat CU Focus Group: How to lure someone in to their first Food Truck Experience

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

FoodFort
    Participant

Walker said:
    There’s a bunch of those.

They’re at the fair. ;)

Right…..but fair food all year. I think it might do well with the late night crowd.

bucki12

FoodFort said:
    Right…..but fair food all year. I think it might do well with the late night crowd.

Interesting angle, though the fair only comes once a year and probably that is all I really could or would eat it. Mixed with a hangover, I think I would be regretting it the next day.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bucki12 said:
    Interesting angle, though the fair only comes once a year and probably that is all I really could or would eat it.

Yeah, I’m kind of in the same boat. Elephant ears, corn dogs and deep fried oreos are a once-or-twice-per-year kind of thing for me.

FoodFort
    Participant

Walker said:
    Yeah, I’m kind of in the same boat. Elephant ears, corn dogs and deep fried oreos are a once-or-twice-per-year kind of thing for me.

You know – the medical community needs your support to in growing the economy.

There are some untapped markets out there. I am not advocating these but there could be a gluten free truck, a(nother) vegan truck a coffee truck and a sundae truck……

joev
    Participant

FoodFort said:

There are some untapped markets out there. I am not advocating these but there could be a gluten free truck, a(nother) vegan truck a coffee truck and a sundae truck……

Isn’t there already a coffee truck?

I would think a gluten-free truck would have an unnecessarily limited audience (because gluten makes baked stuff taste good, and gluten intolerance is a fad, while celiac disease is not but is pretty uncommon.)

How about a pasta truck? Pie truck? Soda fountain truck?

buckette13

Chinese food truck…something like a Mark Pi’s on wheels would probably work.

rus
    rus
    Participant

FoodFort said:

Paleo truck… perhaps an offshoot of gluten free, but keep hearing about it. Trend wise, paleo seems the new vegan.

ShinyMammal

I’ve actually been looking for the food trucks and just learned about the streeteatscolumbus.com from reading through the posts. I think more people would be willing to try them but need to know how to find them. Marketing that website and any apps that are working (unlike those mentioned above) would be really helpful.

FoodFort
    Participant

ShinyMammal said:
    I’ve actually been looking for the food trucks and just learned about the streeteatscolumbus.com from reading through the posts. I think more people would be willing to try them but need to know how to find them. Marketing that website and any apps that are working (unlike those mentioned above) would be really helpful.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am a bit biased about the StreetEatsColumbus website…..and TacoTrucksColumbus site but having a good way to find out about a truck and having some reliable way to figure out where they are and if they are open is key.

The Street Food Columbus app is the best I have seen but it is new and does not have a lot of vendors listed yet.

geoyui
    Participant

FoodFort said:

Like any truck, a fair food truck will have it’s niche. For me, other trucks that offer a more savory, filling meal will be option #1 for me before a fair food truck. I’d go to a fair food truck for maybe dessert, and even then it would be option #2 as other trucks offer their own concoctions/spins on dessert.

Food trucks I’d like to see are more non-American/burger trucks. Maybe Asian inspired? Street food in Asia is huge and would be awesome. How about a halal chicken/lamb with rice truck? Is there one in Cbus?

buckette13

Kebab truck…

patient_zero
    Participant

FoodFort said:
    What if there was a truck that did only fair food?

I would love to see their interpretations on fair food, like deep fried hodduk, pulled pork sundae, bacon candy, chicken legs, kumquat shake ups. This could be a centrally located fair, or a city wide event, each offering their fair food in their individual locations.

mrmann

I think it is also about location. A few after hours trucks parked in the SN could do wonders – both for exposure and late night munchies.

FoodFort
    Participant

geoyui said:

Food trucks I’d like to see are more non-American/burger trucks. Maybe Asian inspired? Street food in Asia is huge and would be awesome. How about a halal chicken/lamb with rice truck? Is there one in Cbus?

How about a halal chicken/lamb with rice truck?

There is not a truck like this to my knowledge in Columbus. There may be one in Detroit.

FoodFort
    Participant

mrmann said:
    I think it is also about location. A few after hours trucks parked in the SN could do wonders – both for exposure and late night munchies.

The challenge parking in the Short North is that street parking is illegal (at this time) and the few spaces avaialble to park off street are limited by either location or rent. Brothers Drake has been a great supporter of food trucks in their spot.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS