Our City Online

Messageboard - CU Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

CU Banana Bean Clambake & Shrimp Boil Meetup - 9/25

Home Forums Events CU Events CU Banana Bean Clambake & Shrimp Boil Meetup – 9/25

This topic contains 38 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ColumbusUnderground.com presents:

THE BANANA BEAN CLAMBAKE &

SHRIMP BOIL HAPPY HOUR MEETUP

Thursday, September 25th 6pm-9pm

On the patio at the NEW Banana Bean Cafe

340 Greenlawn Avenue

$10 All-you-can-eat clams & shrimp

Half-off all mixed drinks

$1 off all beers

http://www.BananaBeanCafe.com

http://www.ColumbusUnderground.com

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

this…is…awesome!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Thought you might like it. :D

catnfiddle
    Participant

It sounds like a good time for those who aren’t allergic to shellfish. We’ll catch the next event, hopefully.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

catnfiddle wrote It sounds like a good time for those who aren’t allergic to shellfish.

You know, they do have beer there too ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

They have some appetizers as well. You could opt to get some flash-fried plantains instead of participating in the clams & shrimp. :D

drew
    Participant

Yeah, this is gooood.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

:shock:

splooooooge

I’ll be there fo sho.

swan
    Participant

same night as the chambers clambake… :?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Oof. I didn’t even realize that. I approached Banana Bean about doing a standard happy hour there on that day and they came back to me with the clambake & shrimp boil idea. I doubt they knew about the Chamber Clambake either.

Ah well. Plenty of clams to go around in Columbus! :D

Yummyyyyyyy! I’m in!

Elaine

Walker wrote Oof. I didn’t even realize that. I approached Banana Bean about doing a standard happy hour there on that day and they came back to me with the clambake & shrimp boil idea. I doubt they knew about the Chamber Clambake either.

Ah well. Plenty of clams to go around in Columbus! :D

Did not know about Chambers, this is something we will be doing on a regular basis on the patio bar, oyster bar, crab legs, crawfish that type of thing. And yes we do have other small plates during Siesta hour so sea food is not the only food that we offer during that time. I wanted an area of the cafe where people could come and interact not just set and eat and a shrimp boil always seems to do that.

I will be advertising for the Raw Bar which will list prices on the food and drink specials.

Look forward to the first Hook -up with the Cu and the Banana Bean considers it an honor to have you guys there.

Thank you Walker for taking the time and bringing your family to our Tasting.

WildmanDan

The only bad thing is shellfish since I have a few friends that are allergic, and always sorry to see that as a choice since I have been trying to drag them to underground event. Deal on beer, fine, but if they can’t partake on the discount on food, kind of a downer for them.

Bear
    Participant

Well, kinda sounds like seafood is what the patio bar plans to specialize in, once things are underway. Personally, I’m not really a fan of beer (though I’m not allergic, the upshot is almost the same — I hardly touch it), which means if I go to CU meetups, the deals on drafts are more or less irrelevant to me. But that’s pretty much beside the point, from my perspective. I’m there to relax and hang out and meet people and try the food. The discounts are a welcome courtesy from the hosts that add to the appeal of the event, but they’re not the main attraction.

Hope to make this one, if work doesn’t intervene. And I’ll definitely keep my eyes out for crawfish on down the line… mmm….

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

In case anyone needs a little drool on their keyboard this morning:

https://columbusunderground.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16406&start=44

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘CU Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: