Our City Online

Messageboard - CU Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

CU 12th Anniversary Party - Oct 10 at Studio 35

Home Forums Events CU Events CU 12th Anniversary Party – Oct 10 at Studio 35

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Columbus Underground is Turning 12!

Join us on Thursday October 10th to celebrate! We’ll be celebrating at the recently renovated bar at Studio 35 from 6pm to 9pm!

Featuring:

• Complimentary Birthday cake and treats!

• $4 Local Beers!

• $4 “Antigravity” Cocktails made with local spirits!

• Giveaways & prizes!

• The film Gravity will be showing at 7pm and 9pm (Optional $8)!

• A $25 Gift Certificate to Dine Originals will be given away!

• A few other surprises!

DouginCMH
    Participant

As if I needed another reason to stop by Studio 35 for a beer on my way home from work.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

See the little known 1976 film that may served as the inspiration for the new film GRAVITY. Oh…NSFW.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ha!

If anyone is looking for a review of the real film, you can find one from Hope Madden, here:

Film Review: Gravity

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

FYI — The $4 local beer special includes selections from Great Lakes, Jackie O’s, Columbus Brewing Company, Barley’s, Seventh Son and Hoof Hearted!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker said:

We’ve got treats ordered from Mozart’s and Anne’s making some cupcakes too!

Come and get them tomorrow while supplies last! ;)

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Win a $25 Gift Certificate to Dine Originals!
    *sponsored by me

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Walker said:
    FYI — The $4 local beer special includes selections from Great Lakes, Jackie O’s, Columbus Brewing Company, Barley’s, Seventh Son and Hoof Hearted!

Whoa… that is an impressive lineup.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Porky said:
    Whoa… that is an impressive lineup.

Yeah, not too shabby. ;) The Antigravity cocktail will also be made with either OYO or Watershed spirits, but not sure which one yet. ;)

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Walker said:
    Columbus Underground is Turning 12!
    Join us on Thursday October 10th to celebrate! We’ll be celebrating at the recently renovated bar at Studio 35 from 6pm to 9pm!

Featuring:
    • $4 Local Beers!
    • $4 “Antigravity” Cocktails made with local spirits!
    • Giveaways & prizes!
    • The film Gravity will be showing at 7pm and 9pm (Optional $8)!
    • A $25 Gift Certificate to Dine Originals will be given away!
    • A few other surprises!

Congrats!

Hey, I’ve been wanting to see Gravity, but I hear it’s one of the few films that is worth seeing in 3D Imax. Unless things are really really different at Studio 35 then the last time I was there, I’m guessing the showing there isn’t either one?

DouginCMH
    Participant

3-D? No. But their new digital equipment is a vast improvement over their old cinema paradiso technology.

By the way, Studio 35’s latest ‘signature series’ Barley’s beer on draft is ‘a triple double dry hopped IPA,’ whatever that is (I think they meant triple-dry hopped):

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

DouginCMH said:
    3-D? No. But their new digital equipment is a vast improvement over their old cinema paradiso technology.

+1

They underwent a major renovation last year that included big updates both to the theater equipment and the front bar:

Studio 35 Re-Opening is a Revelation

Chris, even if you prefer to see Gravity in 3D, you can still come out for the event and skip the movie to save it for later. ;)

DouginCMH
    Participant

Yes. I must admit that I’ve gone to Studio 35 for a pre-movie beer before, and never quite made it into the theater.

Anonymous
    Inactive

DouginCMH said:

By the way, Studio 35’s latest ‘signature series’ Barley’s beer on draft is ‘a triple double dry hopped IPA,’ whatever that is (I think they meant triple-dry hopped):

They must have changed the description. IIRC, it was dry hopped in the fermenter, then three kinds of hops were added to the keg for further hoppiness.
    I could see how that could be interpreted as sextuple hopped.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The forum ‘CU Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: