Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Crossroads Project

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Crossroads Project

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Smifth27
    Participant

Does anyone have any information on when the next phase of the crossroads project will begin?

rvin
    Participant

Tha Crossroads

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

waters767
    Participant

There is a dedicated website for it, however it has not been updated with any news in some time. It does have info on the project such as drawings and presentations.

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/7071/Pages/default.aspx

The best source for a timeline is the TRAC project list which, in the latest update this year, has pushed back the timeline on some of the phases.

Phase 2: 2018
    6a: 2021
    3: 2023
    4,5,6b : No longer have a date and are in Tier 3. All of the projects have slid back a few years or no longer have funding allocated right now. This could change next year if money is available, but there is simply not enough funding to get these (or many of the needed highway projects) done. I am 33 and if it is complete before I turn 50 I will be surprised.

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/trac/TRAC%20List/2016.01.28_FINAL_2016-2019_MAJOR_NEW_PROGRAM_LIST_APPROVED.pdf

Analogue Kid
    Participant

It’s only the most accident prone stretch of freeway in Ohio. Not like it should be a higher priority than building a bypass to nowhere. ODOT’s skewed priorities are on display again.

Pro Se
    Participant

Not enough money for it but look at all of the northern 270 projects that have been started recently — all of which were envisioned after this. ODOT’s suburban priorities seem clear in this Republican administration which made axing the 3C corridor its first priority.

wpcc88
    Participant

Not enough money for it but look at all of the northern 270 projects that have been started recently — all of which were envisioned after this. ODOT’s suburban priorities seem clear in this Republican administration which made axing the 3C corridor its first priority.

Or maybe they’re looking at commerce rather than what most think are a political agenda. This is the quickest way to NWO, Detroit, Ft. Wayne and the Lake Erie Islands. If you look at that combined with folks that may be coming from Chicago and beyond it and 23/33 South really aren’t the best gateways to our metro; which incase you missed it surpassed 2 million people this year.

Pro Se
    Participant

My bad – I was apparently under the mistaken impression that the central business district that 70/71 surround was a “commerce” area to our two million residents.

wpcc88
    Participant

My bad – I was apparently under the mistaken impression that the central business district that 70/71 surround was a “commerce” area to our two million residents.

So let me get this straight, you’re saying screw the business and people that are coming from the 4th biggest city(Toledo) in our state and the 2nd or 3rd biggest metro in our region(Detroit) because we already have 70/71? Neither of which connects with either of one those cities? Seems legit…

ohbr
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pro Se wrote:</div>

So let me get this straight, you’re saying screw the business and people that are coming from the 4th biggest city(Toledo) in our state and the 2nd or 3rd biggest metro in our region(Detroit) because we already have 70/71? Neither of which connects with either of one those cities? Seems legit…

The rebuilding of 23 and 33 and 315 has less to do with out of town and out of state commerce than it does with daily commutes of those outside 270. That’s about it. Regardless of the commerce aspect, it sucks that a critical project downtown that was planned years in advance got pushed back, possibly indefinitely, to get the North and NW side redone. Arguably, both are critical in their own respects. Still, the better fix IMO, would have been park and ride and light rail to bring residents of Delaware County, Worthington, and Dublin Downtown.

Lu
    Participant

Columbus should take advantage of the delay in these projects and seriously study the possibility of removing some of the innerbelt freeways. I’d love to see us follow the lead of other cities that have converted their downtown freeways into boulevards and parks. That would do more than anything to improve downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods.

ohbr
    Participant

Columbus should take advantage of the delay in these projects and seriously study the possibility of removing some of the innerbelt freeways. I’d love to see us follow the lead of other cities that have converted their downtown freeways into boulevards and parks. That would do more than anything to improve downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods.

I don’t think converting them is the answer here as these are trenches. Most places that have done this do it to at grade or elevated. Capping them is the absolute ideal IMO. I’ve said it many times here, cap 70 from Front to 71ish and 71 from Main to Spring. Then maybe even other areas further East and North at other times.

Eugene_C
    Participant

It’s only the most accident prone stretch of freeway in Ohio. Not like it should be a higher priority than building a bypass to nowhere. ODOT’s skewed priorities are on display again.

I thought State Route 5 in Portage and Trumbull County was the most deadly stretch of highway in the state?

Analogue Kid
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Analogue Kid wrote:</div>

I thought State Route 5 in Portage and Trumbull County was the most deadly stretch of highway in the state?

Perhaps that stretch has more fatal crashes, but the split has the most crashes regardless of injuries.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: