Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Creole Kitchen is Expanding

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Creole Kitchen is Expanding

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

TimBro

“Rumor” in quotes because Chef told me last week. It seems a sit-down version is coming very soon to a location near the Lincoln. Maybe there is a God, after all.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Please please please let this be true.

I wonder if they’re considering the restaurant space in the Gateway Building at the corner of Hamilton & Long? That would be a dream for me, as it’s the end of my block, and it’s the most restaurant-ready space in the area around the Lincoln Theatre.

That being said, I’m not sure if the timing is right. The 70/71 split fix is planning on getting started in the near future, and if he moves the restaurant there only to have the Long Street Bridge demolished, it could seriously hurt access to the business. I’d hope he’d have enough destination power to make it worth seeking out for folks though.

Fingers crossed.

drew
    Participant

Yeah, do want.

News
    Participant

Creole Kitchen Expanding to Add Sit-Down Dining
    July 17, 2014 11:47 am – Ayana Wilson

For fans of real, down-home creole cuisine, there’s reason to rejoice. Local cajun/creole hot spot Creole Kitchen is expanding their business and finally adding a full dining room.

Creole Kitchen, located at 1052-B Mt. Vernon Avenue, is currently a 995-square feet, mom-and-pop operation that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner take-out. After the remodel, the restaurant will occupy over 2,000 square feet.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/creole-kitchen-expanding-to-add-sit-down-dining-aw1

NDaEast
    Participant

Looking forward to sit down at the Creole Kitchen! I believe the expansion is into the now vacant adjacent space in the Mt. Vernon Plaza.

News
    Participant

Creole Kitchen to Open Sit-Down Expansion this Fall
    August 15, 2015 8:00 am – Rebecca Wagner

Creole Kitchen, well-known in Columbus circles for its authentic cajun cuisine, will finally be opening a sit-down dining room operation. The newly expanded restaurant will open its doors early this fall.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/creole-kitchen-to-open-sit-down-expansion-this-fall-rw1

scarletandgrey
    Participant

Can’t wait to go there and not have to eat in my car, but then that might be part of the charm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: