Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

COTA Route #21 Bar Crawl - Sat Dec 26th

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events COTA Route #21 Bar Crawl – Sat Dec 26th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This one is being organized by JerrodWagner… thought it deserved its own thread:

Posted by Jerrod:

http://www.facebook.com/#/event.php?eid=201367657704&index=1

Link to my bus crawl.

Thanks for the help Walker. I’m definitely going to take your advice into consideration. I didn’t think of staying on one side of the street. Simple idea, but easily overlooked. Hopefully will have a map ready soon.

CMH Gourmand — we plan to start in Clintonville, so would definitely appreciate any ideas you have on getting specials in that area. Also, who could I contact at skreened to talk about a shirt design? I had tasked a friend to design a shirt, but that might be easier. We plan to post it on skreened, just easier than me ordering 10 shirts.

I would love to see this outgrow what I’m planning. If anyone wants to invite people, or post ideas, please let me know! Supporting this bus route is important if we want to see increased public transportation. I think a bunch of hooligans with similar t shirts getting on and off it is plenty of advertisement.

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Hmm –

Well – It seems O’Reilly’s deserves a stop considering the current thread. And we have Hounddogs… I will see if I can find any prospects.

Maybe we can throw a T-Shirt design contest as a new thread and the winner can be voted on by CU – I will buy the winner their T-Shirt.

We have a lot of C-Ville Business owners on CU – so if anyone wants to donate some coupons or whatever – PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]

Save the 21!

Thanks Jerrod.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

CMH Gourmand wrote >>
    Save the 21!

Ha! That makes it sound like it’s going away. ;) Shouldn’t the rally cry be something more along the lines of “Support the 21!” ? ;)

JerrodWagner

Posted a crawl list yesterday…Let me know if you guys have any thoughts…..

Starting on the West Side of High in Clintonville

West Side of High – 1. Ravari, 2. Bier Stube, 3. Char Bar, 4. Barrio

East of High 5. Bettys 6. Bodega, 7. Mamas Pasta and Brew, 8. O’reillys

My only thought is to possibly start at Barrios for more parking downtown. Any thoughts? Additions? Subtractions?

Also, we have a t shirt design we might use. I’m thinking of ordering 10 shirts, then posting it on Skreened for anyone else who wants a shirt. Check it out, its the picture we are using for the event.

http://www.facebook.com/#/event.php?eid=201367657704&index=1

catnfiddle
    Participant

This is SO tempting since I’ll be on Winter Break.

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Jerrod –

Love the design.

We could do two groups…a Southbound group and Northbound group and meet in the middle – that could help keep two buses full.

Save the 21! The Blackjack Bus

JerrodWagner

Ordering some t shirts for this asap. I have the design set, check out the facebook invite, its the main picture for the group.

They are going to be around 13.00 each. Let me if you want one and what size.

JerrodWagner

Heres the event w/ the picture — http://www.facebook.com/#/event.php?eid=201367657704&index=1

CMH Gourmand — Like the idea, just not sure I’ll have enough people to split up!

Cookie

Could you post the info in this thread for people that aren’t on Facebook?

JerrodWagner

Yes Cookie!

Bar Crawl down high starting at 8 pm on Saturday Dec 26th

Here is the list of bars we are planning on attending.

West Side of High – 1. Ravari, 2. Bier Stube, 3. Char Bar, 4. Barrio

East of High 5. Bettys 6. Bodega, 7. Mamas Pasta and Brew, 8. O’reillys

Probably going to start downtown, just because the parking lots..

I’ll confirm the route next week.

Bus Pass is 3.50.

Here is the t shirt design

Let me know what I’m leaving out

Cookie

JerrodWagner wrote >>
    Let me know what I’m leaving out

I have no idea. I asked because I’m not on Facebook and this is relevant to my interests.

JerrodWagner

T Shirts will be ready Saturday, ordered 14. So I expect 15-20 people to come out for this.

Looking to get some bar specials. Barrio let me know they would have something for us, I’ll keep this board updated.

Planning to start the crawl at Barrio Tapas at 8 pm, then move to the next bar at 8:31. Hopefully will see lots of you there

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

COTA CRAWL NEWS FLASH

People wearing COTA Crawl shirts will get a Free Cupcake at Surly Girl Saloon as well as $1 PBR’s and $3 Steve’s Afternoon Delights at Bettys!

I can not wait!

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

There are people that missed the Dagwood Challenge and regret it. The same with the first Pizza Grand Prix’s and the first Taco Truck Tour. On December 26th – you will have the opportunity to experience the awesomeness of the COTA Crawl. Finish 2009 strong by being a part of something great.

BCNation
    Participant

I did go to the first stop on the Taco Truck Tour (T3), COTA Crawl is a hit! Looking forward to tomorrow night already.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER