Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus City Schools Temporarily Pulls COTA Bus Program for Students

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Columbus City Schools Temporarily Pulls COTA Bus Program for Students

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

FROM HERE: http://www.cota.com/News-Releases.aspx?id=118

Columbus City School Bus Pass Program Reinstated

The Columbus City Schools pass program with COTA has been reinstated. Students presenting a valid Columbus City Schools student identification card displaying a COTA logo may travel on any COTA bus beginning Monday, August 9, 2010.

BCNation
    Participant

When I got to the COTA meeting today, there were a few vocal supporters of the passes being pulled there.

BCNation wrote >>
    Channel 4 did a story on this last night, and my opinion comes on two sides.
    PRO pulling the passes:
    Most of the “students” I’ve seen get on the bus are nothing but rude, wannabe gangbangers, who have no respect for authority, no social skills, no manners, and BAD parenting.
    CONS:
    As mentioned with the H.S. athletes who have to quit, because they can’t get to practice, because they live on another side of town. Columbus is this year’s Southwestern City Schools, in my opinion, because District leaders are punishing the (few) CCS students who are attempting to do something with their futures.

I speculated that the passes were pulled because of the “few” knuckle heads who abuse the privilege but to imply that there are only a “few” students in the CCS district that are attempting to do something with their futures is repulsive. Especially since the district has about 60,000 students. Thats a pretty broad statement.

unless it was a typo or something.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

District to limit students’ COTA passes
    Thursday, September 23, 2010
    BY BILL BUSH
    THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Columbus schools will have to drastically cut the number of COTA bus trips that their high-schoolers take by the 2011-12 school year or face a skyrocketing bill, under a proposed deal approved by the Central Ohio Transit Authority board yesterday.

Beginning Nov. 1, Columbus students’ passes will work from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/09/23/district-to-limit-students-cota-passes.html?sid=101

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: