Our City Online

Messageboard - Civic Meetings

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

COTA Public Meeting - 2/2/10

Home Forums Events Civic Meetings COTA Public Meeting – 2/2/10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Public Comment Meetings Scheduled

WHAT: Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) Public Comment Meetings

WHERE: Rhodes State Office Building, Lobby Hearing Room, 30 E. Broad St., 43215;

Ohio State University, Northwood-High Building, Room 100, 2231 N. High St., 43201

WHEN: Tuesday, Feb. 2, Rhodes State Office Building, 12-1 p.m.

Tuesday, Feb. 9, Northwood-High Building, 6-7 p.m.

WHY: Public Comment Meetings have been scheduled to allow COTA to receive input from the public on proposed service changes. This is an opportunity for the public to voice opinions and suggestions regarding planned service changes. The timing permits COTA to thoroughly examine public comments before service changes are finalized.

Service changes take place three times per year in January, May and September. Recommendations from these meetings will be considered for May 2010 service changes.

–END–

johnwirtz
    Participant

Do they have a link to the “planned service changes?” How are people supposed to “voice opinions and suggestions” on them if they don’t know what they are yet?

Analogue Kid
    Participant

johnwirtz wrote >>
    Do they have a link to the “planned service changes?” How are people supposed to “voice opinions and suggestions” on them if they don’t know what they are yet?

This.

Columbusite

Oh well, I still know I have some comments.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

johnwirtz wrote >>

I assume that they are shown off at these events with q&a sessions and feedback. Not sure how it works. I’ve never been to one.

warpedwake

Strange you have never been to one… While searching for this comment box I had seen you posted the last notification for public comment meetings back in Oct 09 over 4 months ago.

Please tell me its not your job to promote coming to these public comment meetings. You can’t post a proposed agenda? or a synopsis of the proposed changes.

There seems to be funding afoot for high speed rail.

Last I heard COTA was inviting drug sniffing dogs on the busses to scare away riff-raff. AND President Obama is asking commercial drivers to abstain from texting -Which leads me to ask… How many drivers quit? Was it the dogs, or the texting Ban?

theEdwardian

Looks like someone from COTA was tuning in. Check out the Public meeting page on their site:

http://www.cota.com/Public-Meetings.aspx

or here:

http://www.cota.com/Service-Changes.aspx

They posted proposed changes.

roy
    Participant

warpedwake wrote >> Please tell me its not your job to promote coming to these public comment meetings.

Warped: Be assured that this is not the COTA website, nor is it the “job” of ColumbusUnderground to “promote” public meetings of the Central Ohio Transit Authority, a quasi-public organization funded in large part by voted tax levies and governed by its own board of trustees.

CU posted the COTA media advisory as a public service, just as it posts all sorts of meeting notices that may be of interest to readers. But it is not CU’s role to promote attendance, answer your transit questions, or tolerate uninformed snark.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

warpedwake wrote >>
    Strange you have never been to one… While searching for this comment box I had seen you posted the last notification for public comment meetings back in Oct 09 over 4 months ago.

Please tell me its not your job to promote coming to these public comment meetings.

No, I don’t work for COTA.

I do get their press releases and meeting notices though, and as Roy said, I copy & paste that information here to share with readers.

If I had more initial information, I would have shared it.Looks like theEdwardian has more posted links to the info you (and others) are looking for.

So anyway… why is it strange that I’ve never attending one of their public meetings?

Columbusite

I went and I was very happy to hear that they are looking at maximizing ridership vs. providing service everywhere. They aren’t cutting out stops or shortening or eliminating routes on a large scale come May, but they are currently gathering info on which stops are under-utilized and that could mean big changes come Sept. or next Jan. when they update their services. I also mentioned the problem of bus stops that are too close together and they are looking into getting rid of redundant stops. This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for COTA to do; I just hope they follow through.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Columbusite wrote >>
    I went and I was very happy to hear that they are looking at maximizing ridership vs. providing service everywhere. They aren’t cutting out stops or shortening or eliminating routes on a large scale come May, but they are currently gathering info on which stops are under-utilized and that could mean big changes come Sept. or next Jan. when they update their services. I also mentioned the problem of bus stops that are too close together and they are looking into getting rid of redundant stops. This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for COTA to do; I just hope they follow through.

Srsly! I love the area of High Street in Beechwold where there are 4 southbound stops within 1/3 of a mile. I could probably walk and beat the bus there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Civic Meetings’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: