Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

cota gripe/request for help

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A cota gripe/request for help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

joev
    Participant

Walker wrote

nexttuesday wrote It will definitely be worth the time considering I am an OSU student so I ride for free, and parking on campus will cost me a parking pass (several hundred dollars I am sure).

Yeah, sounds like you’re a perfect candidate for this. Keep us posted with how it goes. Riding the bus can be a little intimidating the first few times if you haven’t done it before or haven’t done it in a long time, but you get used to it pretty quickly. :D

Believe me – the #58 Dublin Express is not intimidating in the least. It’s a great “starter route” for public transport newbies. You might even become friends with some folks. Or at least come up with snappy nicknames that you call them in your head.

Matthew
    Participant

The most intimidating route I think I’ve seen was Cleveland Ave.

Reminded me of riding the L in Chicago in from the “wrong” side of town. That was awful, we didn’t know whether to get off the train and die, or stay on it and die.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I meant that the operations can be intimidating for a newbie. Figuring out how things work. Dinging the bell to get off at the right time. Pushing on the back doors to open them. Stuff you don’t do when operating a car. ;)

nexttuesday
    Participant

I rode the bus in Dayton from 3rd and Main when I was in school there. I heard recently that they closed that bus stop because of some kind of riot. I also rode the brown line in Chicago from Kimball at 5 am every day, so I’m experienced with weirdos too. I have an extensive public transit resume, haha.

I didn’t even bring my car to Chicago actually, I just took the bus or train everywhere. I wish I could do that here, so this will be a chance for me to actually use public transit which will make me happy.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: