Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

COTA buses running on Limited Schedule due to fire on Fields Ave

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion COTA buses running on Limited Schedule due to fire on Fields Ave

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

mrpoppinzs

I thought this might be best as its own thread so that morning bus commuters would see the title and be able to plan accordingly.

COTA will be running a limited Sunday schedule for the morning commute.

It is being reported that due to fire and evacution, COTA will not be running half of its buses for the morning commute as 140 buses are in the COTA garage near the fire on Fields Ave. They will be running buses on a limited Sunday schedule instead.

Train Derails Off Fields Ave – Massive Fire

TaraK
    Participant

Just to clarify, I read this as “COTA will run a limited Sunday schedule” … on Sunday.

It means today, correct? (And presumably possibly other days.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

I just made it downtown on the Kenny Road Express bus only 5 minutes late. Still, another lady was waiting at my stop and said she had been there for >45 minutes before that bus came.

mrpoppinzs

TaraK said:
    Just to clarify, I read this as “COTA will run a limited Sunday schedule” … on Sunday.

It means today, correct? (And presumably possibly other days.

COTA is running its buses today (Wednesday, July 11th 2012) using the bus schedule that it normally uses on Sundays which has very limited routes and times.

Reportedly half of COTA’s buses are out of commission until further notice due to the evacuation of the area surrounding its Fields Avenue area garage.

BCNation
    Participant

I had to miss a morning event in the Arlington/Grandview area BECAUSE of this. After I waited about 45 minutes for buses (# 11, then the # 2) that didn’t show up, I sensed something was not right. My TV has been on ever since I got back.

There is nothing on COTA’s website about this at all, though.

mrpoppinzs

BCNation <a

I was surprised about that myself. Instead there is a big notice that “All fixed service is operating normally beginning July 5th.”

TaraK
    Participant

BCNation said:

Yeah, that’s kind of inconvenient. I checked this morning because many of my students depend on the bus each day. I thought I’d email them a link to check back for service updates — but there’s nothing there. It would be helpful to have updated info.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Indeed, the “Rider alerts” section certainly could afford an update.

bjones7
    Participant

Analogue Kid said:
    Indeed, the “Rider alerts” section certainly could afford an update.

+1 but are you guys that surprise. It’s COTA we are talking about. What can they get right?

Analogue Kid
    Participant

bjones7 said:
    +1 but are you guys that surprise. It’s COTA we are talking about. What can they get right?

I’ll give COTA credit that in the 2.5 years I’ve been riding the bus to work, I’ve only had to find another transportation method twice.

BCNation
    Participant

bjones7 said:

EDIT: They just updated the main page with the breaking news.

Briana Henry
    Briana Henry
    Participant

They did post something on Twitter. And yes, I follow them on Twitter because it seems to be more reliable than their customer service.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via email:

“COTA is restoring regular fixed-route transit and paratransit service this afternoon after a train derailment, explosion and fire next to the Fields Operations Facility caused that site to be evacuated and shut down early Wednesday morning. We have successfully relocated all operations to our McKinley Avenue Operations Facility and between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m., for the afternoon commute, all regularly scheduled service will resume and be operating normally.”

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Yay I can go home today!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: