Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Burwell Heights Development in Italian Village (Corner of 5th and Summit)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Burwell Heights Development in Italian Village (Corner of 5th and Summit)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

heresthecasey said:
    Started a thread for it here.

Why not a new thread for First & Summit then too? ;) It’s a long ways from Fifth & Summit. ;)

heresthecasey
    Participant

Walker said:
    Why not a new thread for First & Summit then too? ;) It’s a long ways from Fifth & Summit. ;)

Haha. Fair enough ;)

I remembered this lot being talked about somewhere, so just tried to post where there had already been previous discussion. Inconvenient thread titles aside ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

heresthecasey said:
    I remembered this lot being talked about somewhere, so just tried to post where there had already been previous discussion. Inconvenient thread titles aside ;)

Oh, no worries. Personally, I prefer individual topics for individual developments, just to keep things easy to find.

Started a new one for you. ;)

New Three-Story Mixed-Use Development at First and Summit in Italian Village

News
    Participant

Five Stories Proposed for Corner of Fifth and Summit in Italian Village
    October 8, 2014 1:26 pm – Brent Warren

Add the southwest corner of East Fifth Avenue and Summit Street to the long list of proposed mixed-use developments in Italian Village. A two-part proposal from developer Brad Howe and Shremshock Architects calls for a three-story townhome building as well as a five-story residential and retail development for the corner, which is currently home to a former gas station building (and many parked taxicabs).

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/five-stories-proposed-for-corner-of-fifth-and-summit-in-italian-village-bw1

News
    Participant

New CrossFit Gym Opens in Italian Village
    October 29, 2014 6:13 pm – Walker Evans

Eventually, the southwest corner of 5th and Summit will be home to a new five-story mixed-use apartment building called Burwell on Summit, with a three story townhome-style building behind it. But until the construction cranes arrive, the little taxi garage building located on the site will be home to Ohio Strength, a new CrossFit gym.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-crossfit-gym-opens-in-italian-village

Mercurius
    Participant
    Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

I don’t use all caps often, if ever, but after seeing these renderings, DAMN! That’s fantastic!

Beating the dead horse again but I wish something of similar inspiration could have been done for Highpoint.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

RellekOTE
    Participant

Wow. Stunning! Can’t wait to see this!

edg126
    edg126
    Participant

It is nice to see something being developed with some character. This has the potential to create a very nice entrance into Italian Village. I hope there is the possibility for retail/office/residential in this development.

ohbr
    Participant

The transition in height and architecture on the Summit side from 5th down to the existing house is just brilliant for those worried about it “fitting in.” What a fantastic gateway in to Italian Village.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Gorgeous!!….and I do not find myself saying that often. The small details, contrast in colors, scaling, street level windows, etc. Cannot wait to see this when finished. This building should set a precedent and the commission, from an aesthetic point of view, should have nothing to complain about. Bravo.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Brent’s in the process of gathering more details. ;) Stay tuned!

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Finally got to check out the renderings, and they look amazing.

jbcmh81
    Participant

It literally looks like a bunch of historic buildings were just renovated and brought new life. That’s pretty impressive for a completely brand new development.

ColDayMan
    Participant

I dig it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE