Our City Online

Messageboard - Video Games

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

CORGS-Con Retro Gaming Convention Saturday 7/16

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Video Games CORGS-Con Retro Gaming Convention Saturday 7/16

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

GCrites80s
    Participant

OK, this is pretty short notice, but on Saturday from 9a-6p CORGS-Con is going to be happening at 3795 South High (Great Southern Shopping Center). It’s a bodacious get-together of retro heads that will feature tournaments and a swap meet. We (super Game Team) will be there with two tables. You’ll see tons of games and systems from the ’70s, ’80s and ’90s. More info at the link:

CORGS Website

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Awesome. I think I might try to check this out. :D

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Is there an admission charge for this? Not seeing it on the site and want to make sure I bring cash if there is one…

GCrites80s
    Participant

Admission is FREE! But, you’re going to want to bring cash to buy all the sweet stuff you see.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ha! Sounds tempting, but I’m going to try to refrain. I’ve got an old Asteroids arcade cabinet that I’ve been eventually looking to fix/mod and I need to spend what little money I have set aside in the “vintage video games” budget for that. ;)

GCrites80s
    Participant

Bumpzors. Just got back from the show. It’s really hoppin’ and there’s a ton of neat stuff going on as we speak. I scored an old Atari XE computer (the Easter-looking one), a 5-screw copy of 1942 for the NES and Mad Max for NES.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Stopped by between 11 and 12:30 today and had fun. Was expecting more game playing, but it was mostly swap meet. Lots of memories brought back. ;)

Some photos:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Video Games’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The 6th Annual Columbus Dessert Festival Returns!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO