Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Copious Restaurant & Bar / Notes Underground Live Music Club

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Copious Restaurant & Bar / Notes Underground Live Music Club

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

New Restaurant, Event Space and Underground Music Club Coming to The Brewery District
    April 10, 2015 8:02 am – Walker Evans

Bob Breithaupt says there’s a need for a solid medium-sized live music venue near Downtown Columbus, and the former Executive Director of the Jazz Arts Group is working with a team to meet that demand with a new space opening later this year. “Notes” is the name of a new underground club that will be opening in the basement of the building located at 518 South High Street, in a former F.O.P. private club space called Clancy’s.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-restaurant-event-space-and-underground-music-club-coming-to-the-brewery-district

greulich
    Participant

Hi,

I know that the tentative completion date isn’t until August, but I am looking for an event venue for my wedding reception for August 13, 2016. Is it possible to come by and see the event space that you described on the second floor? Let me know if and when that might be possible. Can you tell me what the design style of the room is or shoot me a couple pictures?

I appreciate it, and can’t wait to see the space!

Megan

News
    Participant

New Restaurant ‘Copious’ and Music Venue ‘Notes’ to Open in September
    July 23, 2015 1:15 pm – Rebecca Wagner

The Brewery District will be welcoming a new multi-faceted facility this September. Copious, an appropriately named 21,000 square foot facility, will open this September at 520 South High Street. The space will comprise of a restaurant, bar, event space, and an underground music venue called Notes.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-restaurant-copious-and-music-venue-notes-to-open-in-september-rw1

mbeaumont
    Participant

Looks promising!

News
    Participant

First Look: Copious / Notes in the Brewery District
    September 9, 2015 8:29 pm – Walker Evans

In April, Columbus Underground was the first to break the news of the ambitious new restaurant slash music venue slash event space at 518 South High Street known as Copious (the restaurant) and Notes (the music venue). Today, we’re excited to be the first to share a sneak peek inside the 21,000 square foot building.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/copious-notes

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Wow beautiful decor. The downstairs looks neat. Totally bummed we won’t get to see the famous The Wind and the Sea play there.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I would rather have seen the raw exposed brick in the basement as that’s what I think of when I think of jazz and blues bars. Oh well. I still can’t wait to check this place out. I love me some jazz and that menu looks amazing.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I would rather have seen the raw exposed brick in the basement as that’s what I think of when I think of jazz and blues bars. Oh well. I still can’t wait to check this place out. I love me some jazz and that menu looks amazing.

Me too about the bricks, but I think they said it was in very poor shape, and were also bummed it couldn’t be on display.

News
    Participant

Entertainment venue opens in Brewery District
    By GARY SEMAN JR.
    Tuesday September 22, 2015 2:04 PM

Combining music, food and art, Copious has opened in the Brewery District. The 21,000-square-foot entertainment venue has taken over several former storefronts of a nearly 100-year-old building at 520 S. High St.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/germanvillage/news/2015/09/21/entertainment-venue-opens-in-brewery-district.html

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Brewery district is getting more and more interesting. Since shadow box and world of beer moved in, now Notes. Exciting times for the district.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Brewery district is getting more and more interesting. Since shadow box and world of beer moved in, now Notes. Exciting times for the district.

Agreed. Include Arepazo, Double Happiness, Basil, Brick, Local Cantina, Vue, Via Vecchia, Three Sheets, High Beck and CBC (and probably others I’m forgetting off the top of my head) and you’ve got a pretty solid collection of destination bars/restaurants/venues down there. ;)

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Fwiw I don’t know of any old building that uses brick all the way down to the basement because of moisture and cost, typically old buildings used limestone from what I’ve noticed.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>OneBagTravel wrote:</div>

Agreed. Include Arepazo, Double Happiness, Basil, Brick, Local Cantina, Vue, Via Vecchia, Three Sheets, High Beck and CBC (and probably others I’m forgetting off the top of my head) and you’ve got a pretty solid collection of destination bars/restaurants/venues down there. ;)

All we need are the new caps, and whatever the improvements will be for Front Street.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Hey you forgot Claddagh!

I think the key here is the walkability of the area. All of that entertainment and food packed into a 4 block radius.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

In the GV long range planning meetings I’ve been referring to the wave of new business as the ShoNomi (think Short North tsunami) from businesses expanding/moving/locating where the rent isn’t so high.

In non-entertainment news, all between Willow & Sycamore on High:
    – 600 S. High – Redevelopment into a new Huntington Bank branch
    – 601 S. High – Extensive interior and, more importantly, exterior remodel for an e-recycling company
    – 634 S. High – A new retail building under construction on a former surface parking lot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE