Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Sports Pavilion & Automotive Research Complex (SPARC) - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Sports Pavilion & Automotive Research Complex (SPARC) – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 767 total)
  • Author

groundrules
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    I’m about 1 mile as the crow flies from this. If it sucks and is really loud, I’m coming back to this thread to complain about it in the wildest, most inappropriate manner possible.

That said, if it isn’t loud, I guess its kind of cool.

As long as we’re projecting forward, here’s my prediction for your future: the first summer they race, you’ll hate the hell out of it, then slowly it will become background noise that’s hardly noticeable to you but annoying to your visitors.

we shall see.

CooperGuy

News
    Participant

CMS, Cooper Park group say there’s room for both
    By Mark Znidar
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Saturday April 7, 2012 5:54 AM

In 2009, speculation began that Columbus Motor Speedway eventually might cease to exist when a local group announced plans to purchase Cooper Stadium from Franklin County and transform it into a multipurpose facility that included a half-mile racetrack.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/sports/2012/04/07/cms-cooper-park-group-say-theres-room-for-both.html

cheap

swap meets at this place would be a huge plus

i wonder if it’s big enough for Goodguys.

CooperGuy

cheap said:
    i wonder if it’s big enough for Goodguys.

Or better yet, use Cooper Park in tandem with the fairgrounds site to expand Goodguys into an even larger event for the city.

News
    Participant

Tax abatement for Cooper Stadium site OK’d by council
    By Doug Caruso
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Tuesday April 17, 2012 7:16 AM

The Columbus City Council approved a 10-year, 75 percent property-tax abatement last night for the Cooper Stadium property, where a developer plans to build an outdoor amphitheater, racetrack and research and development center. The abatement is the last of several contingencies — including zoning and environmental studies — necessary for Arshot Investment Corp. to purchase the property from Franklin County, said George R. McCue, an attorney retained by Arshot.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/04/17/tax-abatement-for-cooper-stadium-okd-by-council.html

Parker
    Participant

News said:
    Tax abatement for Cooper Stadium site OK’d by council
    By Doug Caruso
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Tuesday April 17, 2012 7:16 AM

The Columbus City Council approved a 10-year, 75 percent property-tax abatement last night for the Cooper Stadium property, where a developer plans to build an outdoor amphitheater, racetrack and research and development center. The abatement is the last of several contingencies — including zoning and environmental studies — necessary for Arshot Investment Corp. to purchase the property from Franklin County, said George R. McCue, an attorney retained by Arshot.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/04/17/tax-abatement-for-cooper-stadium-okd-by-council.html

A nice fat subsidy for Arshot!

JeepGirl
    Participant

Parker said:
    A nice fat subsidy for Arshot!

Oh yeah, that never happens in Columbus.

Jackson on High – 10 years 100%

Coca-Cola Plant – 10 years 75%
    Polaris Centers of Commerce – 15 years 100%

etc, etc, etc. Then of course there’s the Nationwide Arena thing….

Yeah, Arshot is really getting over on you.

News
    Participant

Franklin County to Sell Cooper Stadium Next Week
    Published on July 18, 2012
    By: Walker

The Sports Pavilion & Automotive Research Center (SPARC) will be taking one step closer to reality next week as the Franklin County Commissioners will vote on Tuesday to finalize the sale of the old Cooper Stadium baseball park. The property will be sold for $3.4 million to King Holding Corporation and developer Arshot Investment Corporation who will develop the land into a mixed-use sports and entertainment venue.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/franklin-county-to-sell-cooper-stadium-next-week

pedex
    Participant

Arshot does have a judgement debt pending against them, $3.3 million plus interest and costs from the Bicentennial Plaza foreclosure.

cheap

pedex said:
    Arshot does have a judgement debt pending against them, $3.3 million plus interest and costs from the Bicentennial Plaza foreclosure.

you get that from the Dispatch?lol

ricospaz
    Participant

Wow so they are actually tearing down the old stadium? I thought they were incorporating it into the design of the new facility. Too bad.

pedex
    Participant

cheap said:
    you get that from the Dispatch?lol

nope, right off the franklin county clerk of common pleas website

jbcmh81
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    Wow so they are actually tearing down the old stadium? I thought they were incorporating it into the design of the new facility. Too bad.

Not really sure how they could. In any case, Columbus isn’t exactly well known for historic preservation. I’m surprised LeVeque is getting restored instead of being a surface lot by now.

CooperGuy

ricospaz said:

They’re reusing about 1/2 the stadium (8500 seats) along with the small office building out front.

They’ve stated in the past that the ability to use a good portion of the stadium vs tearing it down entirely and starting over is an important part of what makes this project feasible.

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 767 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: