Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cooper Park SPARC Development

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Cooper Park SPARC Development

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author

GCrites80s
    Participant

A “racetrack” makes for a terrible smokescreen considering the attention it draws.

ehill27
    Participant

A super duper cemetery? The suspense is killing me.

freighter
    Participant

Ok, it’s been 6 more months since the last post on the race track. Nothing has happened. Have you been by it. Nothing new. So what year will it open now, 2016, 2017, 2018? Why won’t anyone in the media in Columbus ask them what the hell is going on with this so-called project? Wake up Columbus; SPARC is a scam–pure and simple.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>freighter wrote:</div>
    I still stand by my claim that this has all been a sham and the racetrack has been a smokescreen for the real purpose of this purchase.

What’s the real purpose?

I really hope he ties this to Jade Helm 15 somehow.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

SPARC is a scam–pure and simple.

How so?

GCrites80s
    Participant

Ok, it’s been 6 more months since the last post on the race track. Nothing has happened. Have you been by it. Nothing new. So what year will it open now, 2016, 2017, 2018? Why won’t anyone in the media in Columbus ask them what the hell is going on with this so-called project? Wake up Columbus; SPARC is a scam–pure and simple.

Actually, it’s only been 3 days since the last post on this topic. Answer’s in the link below. They probably haven’t talked publicly about it because they don’t want to look like whiners when dealing with government regulation.

edit: I can’t get the link to appear. It’s in a thread on here called SPARC Columbus, updated 3 days ago.

MRipley
    Participant

I think freighter is a scam.

Rioward7
    Participant

What kind of legal issues are they battling? I would think that they had crossed all of those bridges when they announced construction would be starting a long time ago. Someone had mentioned a retention pond in the middle of the track?

Rioward7
    Participant

MRipley
    Participant

I guess a good place to start the building process would be finding someone to run it. At least it’s a step in the right direction.

ehill27
    Participant

Cooper Stadium’s new life starts with new boss
    By Steve Wartenberg
    The Columbus Dispatch • Sunday May 10, 2015 8:40 AM

The long-delayed redevelopment of Cooper Stadium is still moving forward, and construction could begin as soon as this summer…

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2015/05/10/1-stadiums-new-life-starts-with-new-boss.html

freighter
    Participant

Ok, Walker, and others. Here is YET another year-end report on the fact that NOTHING is going on at Cooper Park; just a lot of weeds growing. Gee, look back at how many YEARS this thread has been going on. Same story every year. Wake up Columbus–this thing is dead and it isn’t going anywhere. For how many years are you going to beat this dead horse? I can see it now: Gee, we think we can have the park open in 2021 or so. Arggg. Anyone out there SERIOUSLY want to tell us that it still “just around the corner”? I doubt it.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Hard to argue with you at this point.

Matthew
    Participant

If you had to put all of your money on either this or the redevelopment of Westland Mall, which would you pick? I’m going with Westland.

Rioward7
    Participant

Why doesn’t Arshot just fess up and tell us that this was BS all along. I still don’t understand why you would demo part of the old park without proper funding, plans, etc.? I was really looking forward to having something spruce up such a dead part of town. I wonder if any of the sponsors like MAG, Petty Racing, or others would talk if someone put a call in?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE