Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Coop Café Opening on Indianola Avenue in Clintonville

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Coop Café Opening on Indianola Avenue in Clintonville

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant

Saw this on facebook.

Coop Cafe will open a new restaurant (with the help of Tim Lai) on 2701 Indianola.

I’m assuming this restaurant is coming from the owners of The Coop food truck?

564187_472928502803827_1889612246_n.png

994255_472928919470452_708628056_n.jpg

643958_472928922803785_2116725706_n.jpg

Pablo
    Participant

I’m glad something is happening here – it’s been an eyesore for too long. It would be cool if part of the dining terrace cantilevered over the ravine. It could feel like you’re eating in a tree house!

mbeaumont
    Participant

Fantastic looking upgrade! I want a yak burger!

Bear
    Participant

I think that’s right where the food truck used to park, isn’t it?

I’d be delighted to see her take a shot at a brick-and-mortar. Definitely one of the better food trucks I’ve tried.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Meet and greet Sunday from 2:00-4:00. They’re sharing ideas and soliciting feedback. See the interior of a building that’s been empty for a long time.
    Welcome back Angela!

what a great space! i always though a gallery would go perfect there, but this works too. : )

Anonymous
    Inactive

Today’s meet and greet includes yakburgers (autocorrect says yak urges).
    The facebooks say they’ll be FREE.

News
    Participant

The Coop Food Truck Moving into Brick and Mortar Restaurant
    Published on August 4, 2013 9:25 am
    By: Walker

Angela Theado has always wanted to open a restaurant. When we interviewed her in 2009, she told us that her dream job involved “anything fusing culinary and agricultural pursuits”. Since then, she opened up The Coop food truck in Clintonville, and then migrated into a pop-up restaurant format inside the Hey Hey Bar and Grill in German Village. Now, she’s headed back to Clintonville to actualize her dream.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-coop-food-truck-moving-into-brick-and-mortar-restaurant

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via FB:

The Coop will be serving FREE yak burgers tomorrow at 2pm-4pm or until supplies run out.

Tomorrow = Today (Sunday).

leftovers

We are really excited by this!

DouginCMH
    Participant

So is it the case that the same individual(s) own this place, Savor Market, Savor Growl, The Crest, as well as 4th Street Patio and the new place that’s opening Italian Village? They seem to have locked up the Indianola corridor. Or is it that they only own the property that The Coop is going into?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think that they also own Midway and are rumored to be working on a building right behind Chipotle/the Newport with the intention of another Crest type pub/gast.
    Momentum is a powerful thing.

dirtgirl
    Participant

The University Area Commission voted last night against recommending a zoning variance to allow the Coop Cafe project to proceed.

There were dozens of community members in attendance (unusual for a UAC meeting, sadly), both for/against. Most of the arguments against were concerns about parking impacts, safety concerns related to patrons using Cliffside Drive and noise from the patio overlooking the ravine. Most of the arguments for were that the restaurant promoted walkability, provided a much-needed amenity in a neighborhood underserved by restaurants and would remove a blighted property that is a magnet for drugs/criminal activity.

The Commission voted 4-10 against recommending four variances, including a reduction in required parking from 38 spaces to 9.

Next step is the Board of Zoning Adjustment on December 17.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

That’s a bummer to hear. Hopefully there’s still a way it can happen.

geoyui
    Participant

that’s really unfortunate.

So keeping the blighted, drug/criminal attracting property is safer than the patrons using Cliffside Drive?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE