Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cooking Classes Suggestions?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Cooking Classes Suggestions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

bababoohi

I am considering getting my girlfriend some cooking classes for Christmas.

I think they have classes at North Market and I believe there are some over at Easton.

Anyone have any experience with a cooking class, preferably around the Grandview area? Thanks!

awd86ed

bababoohi wrote >>
    I think they have classes at North Market and I believe there are some over at Easton.
    Anyone have any experience with a cooking class, preferably around the Grandview area? Thanks!

Did she ask for them? Or is this a hint that she can’t cook?

zp945
    Participant

My wife and I took a few at CSCC years ago. They were pretty basic. If you are a veteran home cook, I’m not sure you’ll take away much. They were organized and a good value though.

bababoohi

awd86ed wrote >>

bababoohi wrote >>

Did she ask for them? Or is this a hint that she can’t cook?

No, she didn’t ask. She’s a good cook, loves following recipes and such. I just think she would like it.

joev
    Participant

North Market is a great bet, then. Fun, lots of food and wine, well worth the price tag, just for that. Also, if you can go further afield, the Dorothy Lane Market in Dayton has great classes that are a more interactive/hands on.

bababoohi

Thanks guys. Any more suggestions will be appreciated.
    Anyone ever try the classes at Easton?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I did one at the whole foods on sawmill. It was fun and cheap.

AmyJ
    Participant

I’ve done a class at Sur La Table that was okay. There’s no wine and I didn’t learn much about technique, more just recipe following, which I can do at home.

bababoohi

vestanpance wrote >>

Good idea except it looks mostly vegan…

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

bababoohi wrote >>

vestanpance wrote >>

Good idea except it looks mostly vegan…

they must change a lot. The one I did was Chinese food with the lady from sung tong luck.

DavidF
    Participant

My girlfriend took one at Sur La Table and really enjoyed it.

racheltb
    Participant

Franklin Park is expanding their food education program. Classes often use produce grown in the edible garden and sometimes make use of their outdoor kitchen when weather is more reliably warm. http://www.fpconservatory.org/programsfoodedu.htm

<shameless plug> I am beginning their preK program starting in mid December with a creative cookies workshop. Preschoolers in this class will roll, cut, decorate, and taste a variety of cookies. What makes cookies rise and fall and why do chocolate chips keep their shape?
    Thursday, December 16, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
    Tuesday, December 21, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
    $15 Members; $20 Non-Members</plug>

bababoohi

^Thanks!

Cats With Thumbs
    Participant

I’m not sure what they’re doing currently, but I think Spagio has had some classes in the past.

Tenzo
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: