Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cooke & High Street - New Development?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Cooke & High Street – New Development?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

chuckincmh

Hello All – someone told me today that there is development underway for the empty lot at the corner of High & Cooke (Cooke turns into Henderson west of High).

Talking about the NW corner, where Henderson / Cooke cross High.

Right now, there is a BP gas station (still boycotting BP, though) at the NW corner, a church at the SW corner, a Post Office branch at the SE corner.

I’ve scanned the boards and looked online – can’t find anything. Does anyone have news?

zp945
    Participant

Are you saying they are knocking down the BP for a new development? I haven’t heard that and would be surprised if it were true. Plenty of space to develop and that BP seems to do good business.

heresthecasey
    Participant

If you mean the empty lot at the NE corner of Henderson/High there has been a long delayed development planned there.

It will be essentially a mirrored version of the still empty building built a couple years ago at Schreyer and High, if they stick to the original plans.

ETA: Also to the OP, you have it backwards. Henderson dead-ends into Cooke east of High, not the other way around. Cooke continues and crosses High St heading west one block south of here.

zp945
    Participant

^ This.

chuckincmh

SORRY – I totally meant the NE corner. No, no chance of them taking down the BP – there’s been a gas station there for 70 years. Thank you for the update.

I was also in error about Cooke – I always took the elbow, up to Henderson, my bad.

scorpcmh
    Participant

A sign on the other/Schreyer side of that building says Wine Bistro is coming…just noticed it today.

bob.os
    Participant

scorpcmh said:
    A sign on the other/Schreyer side of that building says Wine Bistro is coming…just noticed it today.

I think that the Wine Bistro has been coming for a while.

There are also signs indicating that a Supercuts is coming to the building.

phaedrus
    Participant

Found this old entry but the link to read more is broken:

Cooke & High Street – New Development?

phaedrus
    Participant

I do know that 5/3 is building on a new site further south and is to move completely out of the current building between the new Wine Bistro site and the empty lot on the NE corner. I believe the new site is at Glenmont and High.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Clintonville getting Chipotle-style Vietnamese restaurant

6-1-Pho, offering Vietnamese-style street food, is opening July 1 in Clintonville.

The restaurant will take over roughly 1,800 square feet of space at 4368 N. High St., at the northeast corner of High Street and Henderson Road.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/clintonville/news/2015/02/23/clintonville-getting-vietnamese-style-chipolte.html

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

That should be interesting. Sounds pretty good actually, so hopefully it’s ran well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE