Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

ComFest 2011

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals ComFest 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Author

thefiercelime
    Participant

I’ve never experienced any parking issues. The trick is to show early and enjoy the walk. No drama. Friday I was dropped off. Saturday we parked between first and second not too far east of high street. Sunday we parked at a meter around goodale and high. I recommend parking the furthest away on Saturday. I didn’t have to sit in traffic at all. Walk half a mile (if that) jump in and roll right out of there. Free parking and I didn’t waste any time looking for a spot. I figure I am going to be walking around the park all day. Whats an extra few blocks back to the car?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I rode my bike all three days. My brother rode from Minerva Park, twice! ThaMissus paid $10.00 to park (w/kids) on Sunday. If the festival is free…

Rockmastermike
    Participant

vespa parking is always free and easy

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Walking out your front door is pretty easy as well.

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

It was nice to see the increase in the number of people walking, cycling, skateboarding, using scooters and motor scooters, as well as COTA.

The spectacle sparked my imagination about what the future of Columbus could be like. But it also whetted a sober and non-judgmental curiosity as to why most people in our city have yet to make such transportation choices on a regular basis.

Part of the answer may have to do with the logistics of Comfest as well as the mentality behind the festival. And yeah, sure, there were a lot of people walking and on bikes, but there was still the usual traffic jam of automobiles Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during Comfest as there tends to be during many other weekends in the Short North.

Perhaps many of us may think that traffic jams of automobiles are just an unavoidable fact of life. But is there maybe a better way ?

TomOver wrote >>
    It was nice to see the increase in the number of people walking, cycling, skateboarding, using scooters and motor scooters, as well as COTA.
    The spectacle sparked my imagination about what the future of Columbus could be like. But it also whetted a sober and non-judgmental curiosity as to why most people in our city have yet to make such transportation choices on a regular basis.
    Part of the answer may have to do with the logistics of Comfest as well as the mentality behind the festival. And yeah, sure, there were a lot of people walking and on bikes, but there was still the usual traffic jam of automobiles Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during Comfest as there tends to be during many other weekends in the Short North.
    Perhaps many of us may think that traffic jams of automobiles are just an unavoidable fact of life. But is there maybe a better way ?

This deserves its own thread posted in the form of a question.

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>

TomOver wrote >>

This deserves its own thread posted in the form of a question.

In my mind at least, that kind of sort of seems like a compliment. So thx.

But I won’t post that as it’s own thread, because I’m striving to read and post on threads other folk have initiated, instead of just reading and posting on my own threads. I’m determined to keep working at engaging w/ people.

Authentic engagement with people that leads to positive results in our communities doesn’t seem to come easy–at least it doesn’t for me. So, I’m open to suggestions about how to go about it better.

If I take the wrong approach, I may as well be writing in a journal no one will ever read.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

jimmaneri wrote >>
    I’m very thankful for the love I got in this thread about Flypaper at comfest. Decades of doing that band and I’ve never gotten even one word about it’s existence in The Other Paper, Alive, or any local press. Seriously, the love here made my day!

Would love to throw a party sometime! Hmmm urban scrawl after party? Our stage is too small… Dammit!

ladyatreides
    Participant

Anybody have more pictures to share? My friend and I were photographed about a million times the last day of the festival, and we can’t find a single photo of either of us.

I for one will be having my film developed tomorrow, so I will share soon.

patient_zero
    Participant

What were you and your friend wearing (or not wearing) Sunday? I was all over the park that day, if you don’t find it here http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157626935941341/ you may find it in the Flickr 2011 ComFest grouping http://www.flickr.com/groups/comfest2011/ .

Tim Perdue has a lot of good photos from the weekend, maybe you’ll see some on the sight. There are only 19 members in this grouping right now, so feel free to submit some photos. I hope your getting photo CDs with your film!

I like shooting with this beast when I shoot film:

izhe4rael

190/365: ComFest Smile

izhe4rael

191/365: ComFest Print

izhe4rael

186/365: ComFest 2011

izhe4rael

188/365: Captain Ohio

izhe4rael

189/365: ComFest Momma

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: