Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

ComFest 2011

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals ComFest 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

cbus11 wrote >>
    There is definitely a need to imbibe in moderation. I saw many cars pulled over for sobriety checks on High Street. This is not what ComFest is about.

Beer has always been a large part of ComFest. Driving to get to and from there has always been a bit part of it too. Is it just the getting caught that ComFest is not all about?

cbus11

Walker wrote >>

cbus11 wrote >>
    There is definitely a need to imbibe in moderation. I saw many cars pulled over for sobriety checks on High Street. This is not what ComFest is about.

Beer has always been a large part of ComFest. Driving to get to and from there has always been a bit part of it too. Is it just the getting caught that ComFest is not all about?

It is the ‘Driving Drunk’ part. I don’t think having a designated driver or moderating oneself (take a nap in the park if you feel too tipsy) is really that hard.

Alcohol sometimes trumps common sense. I saw a drunk bicyclist run into a cop last night. That guy is going to wake up with more than a hangover.

satan

I was fascinated by the number of face tattoos. Clearly done in prison. Thugfest 2011! sponsored by deep fried cheese on a stick! Next year I am printing shirts with slogans such as “please put your shirt back on” and “Showing up, drinking beer, smoking pot and destroying a park, doesn’t make you an activist. Shut up.”
    Outside of the convicts and hippies, Comfest is awesome!

rus
    rus
    Participant

satan wrote >>
    I was fascinated by the number of face tattoos. Clearly done in prison. Thugfest 2011! sponsored by deep fried cheese on a stick! Next year I am printing shirts with slogans such as “please put your shirt back on” and “Showing up, drinking beer, smoking pot and destroying a park, doesn’t make you an activist. Shut up.”
    Outside of the convicts and hippies, Comfest is awesome!

*snicker*

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Flypaper was super fun last night!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via Flickr:

Comfest 2011

DSC06175

DSC06177

DSC06171

Anonymous
    Inactive

Chris Sherman wrote >>
    Flypaper was super fun last night!

+1

“Button” & “Snap” (above) were two of about 50 dancers contributing to the “mayhem” that is Flypaper. It was hilarious watching the boys/men watch the dancers stretch/warm-up backstage…

BCNation
    Participant
    Matt Ellis
    Matt Ellis
    Participant

Couple pictures from my Flickr stream. Taken Saturday.

Comfest 2011

Comfest 2011

Comfest 2011

bayrea
    Participant

Two great days of Comfest (I cant’ do 3.. plus it is supposed to rain all day Sunday).. Saturday was the best weather of any comfest.. we chilled and people watched all day.. beer and food lines were out of control. Ended up taking brief trips to Park St Pat and Bernards to avoid the lines… I still don’t understand where the jugalos come from? the future of america..

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

From Alex Kelley Fox via Facebook:

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

bayrea wrote >>
    Two great days of Comfest (I cant’ do 3.. plus it is supposed to rain all day Sunday).. Saturday was the best weather of any comfest.. we chilled and people watched all day.. beer and food lines were out of control. Ended up taking brief trips to Park St Pat and Bernards to avoid the lines… I still don’t understand where the jugalos come from? the future of america..

Yep, we did Fri and Sat – it was a blast.

The fresh lemonade shake ups were really good if you brought your own vodka. I wouldn’t know about the beer lines because I always had a cooler chock full of 16oz bud light cans.

The corndogs were amazing as usual, but some of the other food lines were indeed ridiculous. But we wandered over to macs and lemongrass. Nothing like huge pile of chicken fried rice to keep you going. I did score some goo balls.

There were boobs, mostly yucky but a few good sets.

Didn’t see any real negativity, fights, police being shitty, etc.

Parking sucked, but we hit the valet on Friday then took a cab on Saturday.

Mojoflo was awesome on Friday night, I liked the Floorwalkers on Saturday as well. All in all a good time!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

More from Flickr:

_MG_6490

Megan Palmer closing out Comfest at the Gazebo.

Al Smyth and the Free Beer 'n Chicken Coalition (FBnCC)

Al Smyth and the Free Beer 'n Chicken Coalition (FBnCC)

Mojoflo @ Comfest

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

stranger

ComFest 2011 view from tent

Make believe, not War.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

when we got to the fest on friday i was overwhelmed by the aroma of late nite slice and wacky tabaccy. two very pleasant and alluring smells.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I just woke up did I miss anything?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: