Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

ComFest 2011

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals ComFest 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 120 total)
  • Author

groundrules
    Participant

bayrea wrote >>
    Get creative with your parking.. I lived a block off the park for 6 years and this is what my drive and yard looked like every year. I loved the challenge of figuring out how many of my friends cars I could jam on my property.

what kind of animal has moose antlers and basset hound ears?

melikecheese
    Participant

If you need more then 2 just hit up a nice color copier, chances are the parking cops won’t look that close. :)

budser1228
    Participant

F.Y.I Per the Dispatch.

Columbus police are setting up a sobriety checkpoint tonight on N. High Street, south of Olentangy Street in the Clintonville area.

The checkpoint is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. and last until 3 a.m

food selection seemed kind of weak

lifeliberty
    Participant

dude, corndogs and beer, if you want anything else, high st is a block away!

I did have what I think was the best corndog ever there last year btw.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

JoeMitchell wrote >>

must be your first time. lol

maveric1
    Participant

I’m looking forward to some Bahama Mamas, Fish Boats and funnel cakes.

SJT
    SJT
    Participant

Dragonfly has a stand. Anyone who misses the Street Salad (cold noodle salad) from On The Fly, you can get your fix! I did. I got one right after seeing Whoa Nellie play. YUM! My mission is complete :D

I forgot how much I hated Comfest. Hey hippie, thanks for peeing on my car!

BCNation
    Participant

I’ll be there in about an hour. It’s supposed to rain for a bit, eeks…but today and tomorrow, we can’t ask for more better weather.

EDIT: Make that an extra hour, because I’m at my home office, writing up July 4th Community Calendars for my radio show on Monday, and I’m taping those TOMORROW before I volunteer @ Comfest.

Pablo
    Participant

I was there this afternoon and it was already muddy in places. Happy ComFest!

cbus11

There is definitely a need to imbibe in moderation. I saw many cars pulled over for sobriety checks on High Street. This is not what ComFest is about.

tourist19
    Participant

Took the COTA to and from. To was definitely easier than from, but made it home on the last 8 south. After several mugs of Summer Teeth and the g&t I brought I’m sooooo glad I didn’t drive. I count certain things every year. My tally for the day is 17 1/2 topless women (the 1/2 had on a top, but was braless and VERY unrestrained, there was all kinds of nipple and bouncy action that was far more suggestive than being completely topless); 5 funny/crazy hats; 1 couple and 1 whole family in tie-dye; and 1 mohawk. Disappointed in the mohawk and tie-dye brigades, hope they turn out in full force tomorrow!

yurtgirl
    yurtgirl
    Participant

I just got home from a long day in Goodale Park. Had to drive coz I don’t live anywhere near a bus stop and knew I’d probably be working late volunteering. This was my first try at clean up. The kids on the hill are litter bugs for sure! Got to wet my whistle with summer teeth, yum, eat a broccoli burger from Whole World, hear a couple pretty good bands on the Gazebo state and saw a guy do his best to channel Jimi Hendrix on the Bozo stage. I wasn’t a fan of the folks singing, if that’s what you’d call it, songs and ranting against SB 5, but hey, that passion is one of the things I love about ComFest plus, it gave me time to get some great stir fried veggies and another beer. Didn’t see too many boobies but a ton of young chicks with hula hoops, mostly carrying them around. Can’t wait for tomorrow. I’m thinking about a fish boat. and maybe more beer….

Chris Sherman wrote >>

JoeMitchell wrote >>

must be your first time. lol

The Powell Festival is going on this weekend too. I wonder if you can blame it on that.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 120 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: