Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

ComFest 2011

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals ComFest 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)
  • Author

solpwr
    Participant

cc wrote >>

solpwr wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    The program is 64 pages long.
    The first person to count up and tell me how many commas are in the program wins a free subscription to Columbus Underground. ;)

Can I buy a fishboat with that subsciption?

You certainly are trying to sell one…at Walker’s expense. Seems a bit inappropriate not to consider your host.

Clue?????????!

solpwr
    Participant

solpwr wrote >>

cc wrote >>

solpwr wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    The program is 64 pages long.
    The first person to count up and tell me how many commas are in the program wins a free subscription to Columbus Underground. ;)

Can I buy a fishboat with that subsciption?

You certainly are trying to sell one…at Walker’s expense. Seems a bit inappropriate not to consider your host.

Clue?????????!

Besides, how much does a fishboat cost? Two tokens?

cc

GWI…are you serious?

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

ATM’s at Comfest???
    3 word descriptions, 4 words if you include a hyphen.
    Kate Schulte, Bill Vanderdoes, and t-shirt designer all related???

duh….Walker Evans workshop Friday @ solar stage

solpwr
    Participant

lazyfish wrote >>
    ATM’s at Comfest???
    3 word descriptions, 4 words if you include a hyphen.
    Kate Schulte, Bill Vanderdoes, and t-shirt designer all related???
    duh….Walker Evans workshop Friday @ solar stage

We have a winner!
    Friday at 4:45pm Fred Andrle (WOSU’s Open Line radio program), Walker Evans (Columbus Underground) and Travis Hoewischer(614 Magazine) will be participating in a Community Forum discussing the diversity of Columbus and how this trait and others make our community strong.
    Lazyfish please pick up your two tokens (value $8) at the solar stage from Tim. Congratulations!

this is by no means an insult to walker or travis who i think are dandy, but are there other panelists on the diversity of columbus workshoop that aren’t white dudes?

is it a gem cuz it’s a joke?
    i’m confused. i’ve been in a nyquil haze since friday.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

Columbus Music Co-op wrote >>
    this is by no means an insult to walker or travis who i think are dandy, but are there other panelists on the diversity of columbus workshoop that aren’t white dudes?

ouch….+1

Jeff Regensburger
    Jeff Regensburger
    Participant

Columbus Music Co-op wrote >>

This isn’t meant to pile on, but I just read an article about this recently:

Why White Men Should Refuse to be on Panels of All White Men[/url]

solpwr
    Participant

Taking into account that the panel is all white and male, it is their panel to manage. This is not a static NBC or FOX news panel but it’s open to how they want to address the issue. Could the current panelists invite more participants of color or gender to be in the forum? …a definite yes.
    Take a gander at the entire workshop schedules.It is diverse and addresses issues that are relevant to gender and race. And diversity issues will be discussed especially when there are tangible projects in the neighborhoods such as community gardening.
    Please join the spirit and purpose committee and work on the schedule with us yearlong. We certainly are not without flaws and certainly could us the help. It is also fun.

Jeff Regensburger
    Jeff Regensburger
    Participant

solpwr wrote >>
    Taking into account that the panel is all white and male, it is their panel to manage. This is not a static NBC or FOX news panel but it’s open to how they want to address the issue. Could the current panelists invite more participants of color or gender to be in the forum? …a definite yes.
    Take a gander at the entire workshop schedules.It is diverse and addresses issues that are relevant to gender and race. And diversity issues will be discussed especially when there are tangible projects in the neighborhoods such as community gardening.
    Please join the spirit and purpose committee and work on the schedule with us yearlong. We certainly are not without flaws and certainly could us the help. It is also fun.

I’m sure the programs are going to be worthwhile, and I expect those involved with the Community Forum on diversity will do a great job.

My point wasn’t to single out Comfest for criticism, but to illustrate that the diversity of panels appears to be an issue in other fields as well.

solpwr
    Participant

The second Friday workshop at the Solar Stage from 3pm to 4pm. It consists of a certified CEU class organized and certified by Meera Parthasarathy of the Columbus Green Building Forum. http://www.cgbf.org/
    Meera has been active with an event the Green Building Forum for the past few years and promotes green building efforts in Columbus.
    The speaker is Jay Warmke who together with his wife Annie live and work in their sustainability learning center in Philo, Ohio. They have built a earthship structure planned by Michael Reynolds from Taos, New Mexico. They have also written several publication from health pets to a recent publication “Green Technology, Concepts and Practices” http://www.bluerockstation.com
    Jay will speak about the “The Smart Grid. The Future of Electricity” We planned this workshop so that professionals could come to the festival with a purpose toward their careers on a nice Friday afternoon. Admission is free and so are the credits.
    Volunteer…we need and want your help.
    http://www.comfest.com

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Press Release:
    COTA Provides Additional High Street Service

This weekend, the Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) will provide expanded service during Community Festival (ComFest) in Goodale Park, Friday, June 24-Sunday, June 26, 2011.

Additional COTA buses will operate northbound and southbound on North High Street on Friday and Saturday until midnight and on Sunday until 10 p.m.

The #21 Night Owl runs along High Street 8 p.m.-3 a.m., every 30 minutes.

COTA provides additional service during ComFest so festival-goers can avoid traffic and parking hassles and reduce the impact additional traffic brings to the Short North and Victorian Village neighborhoods.

The following bus lines can take passengers to ComFest:

· #2 N. High
    · #3 Northwest Blvd. (Friday and Saturday)
    · #4 Indianola
    · #5 W. 5th Ave.
    · #7 Neil
    · #8 Hamilton
    · #18 Kenny
    · #21 Night Owl (Friday and Saturday)

For more information, go to http://www.cota.com or call (614) 228-1776.

maveric1
    Participant

Will definitely be taking COTA to Comfest.

solpwr
    Participant

ComFest will has a Valet Bike Corral for no charge located at the NW corner of Goodale Park. This effort is coordinated by Catherine Girves who parks bicycles at many venues in CBus. She also is a ComFest organizer.
    http://www.universityareacommission.org/Commissioner%20Bios/catherine_girves.htm
    http://local-matters.blogspot.com/2009/02/featured-board-member-catherine-gervis.html
    Volunteer!

AngelaMotorman
    Participant

Glad to see the three threads about this combined into one. I don’t know exactly how that happened, but I do know this: Although it says I started the discussion, I didn’t write that subject line. I’m not a grammar nazi, but there’s one particular point that I’m always nattering on about:

The event is named ComFest, not “Comfest”. ComFest is a nickname for Community Festival; Comfest is the intensive form of “comf”, whatever that is.

Nattering off, now. See y’all onsite.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: