Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Misc Redevelopment in Olde Towne East

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Misc Redevelopment in Olde Towne East

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice to see some progress on these buildings near Yellow Brick. And a new paint job too!

FROM HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-march-2015-part-1

ColDayMan
    Participant

Looks great.

goldenidea
    Participant

A little surprised they painted the brick. Usually, that’s a no-no in Columbus’ historic districts. But they’ve obviously done a lot of hard work on these buildings and they’re looking GREAT!

Mike88
    Participant

A little surprised they painted the brick. Usually, that’s a no-no in Columbus’ historic districts. But they’ve obviously done a lot of hard work on these buildings and they’re looking GREAT!

Yeah I agree, but I think it looks really good. Very Georgetown-esque. It’s wild to skip year-by-year on this street via google streetview. You can really see the restoration of the neighborhood take place.

Likes Old Houses
    Participant

The last couple times I was buy here, it looked like construction had stalled. I am also surprised with the painted brick, but it does look nice. Too bad they opted for vinyl windows..

somebuckeye
    somebuckeye
    Participant

I thought the yellow brick looked nicer too, but I heard it needed to be sealed or something. And yes, the vinyl windows are not the best looking, but maybe when it’s done it will all come together. It’s a cool building with a great location.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Rendering of the planned renovation at Oak/Ohio,

http://www.archcitydevelopment.com/work_portfolio/oak-ohio/

GeeDee
    Participant

That Oak St rendering looks nice. But, they have a loooooong way to go before reaching that goal. The place is an absolute mess right now & needs tons of work.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Building at Oak and Ohio suffers a partial collapse.Collapsed wall

ohbr
    Participant

Space for an outdoor patio now? Brace it up like Silky O’Sullivan’s on Beale St?

heresthecasey
    Participant

Ugh. Such a shame. :(

drudiger
    Participant

Obviously the property at Oak and Ohio took a turn for the worst a few months ago. I ride by the empty site every day. Anyone have updates on future plans for this location or at the corner of Wilson and Oak?

I’m looking forward to the Flamingo Room opening up in the former space of L’Appat Patisserie. The Patio discussed here sounds awesome
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-flamingo-room-bar-restaurant-opening-soon-in-olde-towne-east-rw1

I love Olde Towne Tavern and Yellow Brick and would love to have more options close by.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION