Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Coming Soon to zpizza Daiya Vegan Cheese!!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Coming Soon to zpizza Daiya Vegan Cheese!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

zp945
    Participant

We have had many customers interested in a vegan cheese option and have been looking for a long time for the right product that tasted great and could withstand the heat of our 600+ degree oven. We think we found the perfect choice in Daiya http://www.daiyafoods.com/. We still have our old soy cheese which contains casein for now but hopefully by early next week we will be able to offer a vegan pizza WITH cheese! Both our regular and wheat dough is vegan along with several of the sauces.

Follow us on Twitter @zpizzaSN and we’ll be sure to let you know when it’s available officially.

patient_zero
    Participant

OK. Now you’ve got me curious. I always like to try new foods. The Daiya site was interesting enough, whether it passes the taste test remains to be seen.

Please post or PM me when you are ready to dish it up – I’m not a Twittering kind of guy.

zp945
    Participant

Starting today zpizza has vegan cheese as an option. As mentioned above our dough is vegan also, so feel free to explore the many specialty pizza options or build one of your own from our list of 25 veggies.

Tigertree

Will you ever offer that by the slice? I would love to try it but don’t know if I would commit to a whole pie.

zp945
    Participant

If it sells well we’ll do it by the slice and we will most likely be selling it by the slice at the Pabst Blue Rendezvous on Sept 12th.

patient_zero
    Participant

I have to get some of this pizza in my pie hole. I’m aiming for tomorrow night, but I work all day so I may miss out on pizza and the taco truck meet up thing too.

FYI: There were coupons for Tuesday in last weeks Alive. Advertised was 2 large pizzas (any pizza – not just the vegan) BOGO. Maybe some of you can enjoy some pie at least.

sounds delicious!

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

The Husband and I received one of the coupon flyers some time ago and decided to give Zpizza a shot, it’s quickly become one of our favorite pizza places in town.

patient_zero
    Participant

mrsgeedeck wrote >>
    The Husband and I received one of the coupon flyers some time ago and decided to give Zpizza a shot, it’s quickly become one of our favorite pizza places in town.

What would The Husband and The Wife recommend for a z pizza virgin? I’m for sure getting a pie with Daiya cheese to see how it tastes and how it melts.

patient_zero
    Participant

So I went to z pizza last week and ordered the Berkeley Soy Cheese Vegetarian and the Greek Pizza.

When they said that the cheese melts properly and tastes great – they weren’t kidding. The cheese was gooey and had a creamy texture, and the blend of vegetables and pesto made for a memorable pizza. I feel this would please most palates.

zp945
    Participant

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it!

We will be selling pizza by the slice outside Kickstart today for the Barista Jam. We’ll most likely sell some with the Daiya cheese so stop by and try a slice. Then hang around for the 25th Anniversary Gallery Hop!

AmyD
    Participant

i’m so excited to try this! i’ve heard great reviews about the cheesey-ness of it

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE