Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Comfest Is NOT A Free Zone

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Comfest Is NOT A Free Zone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
  • Author

JonMyers
    Participant

PSA:

4726430242_6302ecb8e9.jpg

I’ve now heard from 3 people whose opinion I really trust that undercover police will be out in force at Comfest in Goodale Park this year.

You all might want to be careful.

Don Ruben

I understand this to be true. Candy told me the festival put up the signs so there would be no mistaking the situation. It is not a free zone. The talk is that arrests could occur.

alove
    alove
    Participant

Too bad pot is decriminalized in Ohio. ;)

anillo
    Participant

I think paraphernalia is where they get you though. Anyways, I expect to a see a much higher amount of baked goods at Comfest this year.

lisathewaitress
    Participant

huh. i can’t wait to hear who they go after. are they trying to raise money by writing tickets for misdemeanor possession? because it’s a confined area, so they won’t be writing tickets for open container, can they force you to open your cooler?

so what, exactly, are they trying to enforce? I’m being serious. i really don’t get it. what can an undercover cop do? are there really people cruising through comfest with felonious amounts of weed on them? underage drinking?

PSA::current ohio laws:http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/marijuana-laws-and-penalties/ohio.htm

lisathewaitress
    Participant

as a side note, i do get the feeling that a lot of these notices are more a favor from comfest to its regulars to be warned that things won’t be the way they used to be; they don’t want their lifelong attenders getting arrested.

isn’t the whole draw of comfest that it’s a free zone?

rus
    rus
    Participant

Maybe we need a new comfest… with blackjack… and hookers…

lisathewaitress
    Participant

i keep volunteering glen echo, but so far there’s not good consensus on how to go about getting all sorts of equipment down there. not that glen echo is mine to volunteer, of course.

cc

rus wrote >>
    Maybe we need a new comfest… with blackjack… and hookers…

I know this house in German Village… ;)

Last year they posted the no BYOB, this year they post the no free zone. Comfest started on city streets with no promises other than the possibility of a good time. I think they just need to post a more blunt sign. “If you are have no common sense, tact or courtesy, than comfest is not for you.”

gramarye
    Participant

“Free zone?!”

Is that a term of art in pothead jargon?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

History dictates it will in fact be a free zone. I think I’ll side with history versus three people who sensationalized “undercover cops.”

somertimeoh
    Participant

Snarf, unless he knows the same people I’ve heard from (unlikely) then there will be “more enforcement.” To what level, who knows. Will there be more presence IN the park to take care of the situations that need to be “taken care of”, let’s hope so! Check you later underage troublemakers!! No one’s gonna know until we get down there, but I don’t want to be made an example of if CPD is cracking down – I’m just gonna feel out the situation first before committing to full on Comfest mode :)

And good point earlier, don’t eat the baked goods from strangers!!

Bear
    Participant

I saw one of these and was completely baffled. We have to pay admission? ???

I don’t get the point of going to the trouble of printing up signs that are this oblique and confusing.

bayrea
    Participant

This reminds me of the episode of It’s Always Sunny where they try to make the bar a Free Zone and it turns into a place where the dredges of society hang out.. aka the Oboyle’s. Give people too much freedom and they abuse it and it all goes to shit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION