Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Come give me your money this Friday

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Come give me your money this Friday

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This Friday, December 19th, I’ll be stationed outside the Brewery District Kroger between 10am and 11am doing a bit of bell ringing and fundraising for the Salvation Army.

Would anyone like to come keep me company? :D

bayrea
    Participant

enzo
    Participant

Walker you are so going to be Mayor or something like that someday. Wow.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bayrea wrote I am so doing this… http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/give-it-on-up-to-homelessville/51496/

You know, I didn’t think that was too funny of a clip the first time I saw it, but I would probably laugh out loud if I saw you walking up in that outfit.

It might be worth noting though… I won’t be dressed as Santa. ;)

blammo
    Participant

I guarantee if you put on the soup cup outfit you’d make waaaay more money in half the time. :D

or at the minimum, you’d be a whole lot warmer in there with all that soup!

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

Ooh! I could do this! I don’t have to work until 1pm!!!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’ll be on Channel 4 (NBC) today around 11am talking about bell ringing.

:D

Cyclist

Walker wrote I’ll be on Channel 4 (NBC) today around 11am talking about bell ringing.

:D

You were voted as one of the top “People to Watch” in town, so I guess that comes true today at 11am. :lol:

I have been trying to find a clip from Home Alone 2 where Marv wraps his hand in tape and walks by the red bucket and sticks his fist in it and takes a bunch of change. But I’ve had no luck.

roy
    Participant

enzo wrote Walker you are so going to be Mayor or something like that someday. Wow.

With all due respect to Walker, what is it about standing in front of Krogers with a bucket that strikes you as a prerequisite to being mayor?

Cyclist

roy wrote

enzo wrote Walker you are so going to be Mayor or something like that someday. Wow.

With all due respect to Walker, what is it about standing in front of Krogers with a bucket that strikes you as a prerequisite to being mayor?

What are the pre-requisites? Some of my friends call me Mr. Mayor.

enzo
    Participant

roy wrote

I am saying if you take EVERYTHING Walker has done…..collectively, he could be mayor. I said this same thing LONG ago, the bell ringing is just icing on the mayor cake. Walker is action.

kessler
    Participant

Walker wrote

bayrea wrote I am so doing this… http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/give-it-on-up-to-homelessville/51496/

You know, I didn’t think that was too funny of a clip the first time I saw it, but I would probably laugh out loud if I saw you walking up in that outfit.

:shock: Not dressed as Santa, dude come on! You’re missing out :wink:

Seriously that karaoke machine thing from the video could be a real ice breaker. You could get CU people to do karaoke while, while ringing the bell. 8)

Cookie

Cyclist wrote Some of my friends call me Mr. Mayor.

Some of your friend call a neighborhood the Peach District for no good reason.

atalou
    Participant

Walker wrote

Uh….isn’t that part of the fun?

catnfiddle
    Participant

The spot on NBC4 was interesting. It was amusing to see Walker constantly referred to as “Celebrity Bellringer”. Even funnier was the look on his face when asked to give a trial run of his ringing skills.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: