Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Winter Beerfest! Jan. 14 & 15

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Columbus Winter Beerfest! Jan. 14 & 15

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

We’ve got four free tickets to give away today!

You can enter to win, here:

Columbus Winter Beerfest 2011 Ticket Giveaway

berdawn

there are no food vendors?!?!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Goose Island has a belgium tasting with cheese..but yeah..

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Pretty sure the convention center has internal food vendors. There were “food court” type options there last year. I’ve heard that bringing in external food vendors is a challenge at the GCCC.

Twixlen
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

Last time, the event space kitchen/counter/thingie was serving nachos & fries.

We were a little sad there were no other food offerings.

I did see a whole group of people with pretzel necklaces, so there’s an idea for a handy snack!

berdawn

geeez. that never once crossed my mind! Can one enter and leave? There’s this new place I’ve read about I’d like to try that’s practically across the street.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I think you get a wristband to be able to re-enter, but you can always email and ask to be sure:

http://columbusbeerfest.org/Contact.html

jimbach
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

http://www.columbusconventions.com/foodcourtandshops.php

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker wrote >>
    We’ve got four free tickets to give away today!
    You can enter to win, here:
    http://www.columbusunderground.com/columbus-winter-beerfest-2011-ticket-giveaway

BUMP!

last call to enter to win! Contest is over at midnight! ;)

Matt Ellis
    Matt Ellis
    Participant

Can’t wait. Last year was a blast, especially all you people that didn’t use all your tickets and left them on tables next to me as you walked out! Feel free to repeat again on Saturday :D

patient_zero
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

I did see a whole group of people with pretzel necklaces, so there’s an idea for a handy snack!

I think you’re onto something there, Twixlen. Food and beer go hand in hand, and a food necklace is a great idea – summer sausage, cured meat, cheese cubes, whatever you like all strung together like this meat necklace:

Anonymous
    Inactive

patient_zero wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

I think you’re onto something there, Twixlen. Food and beer go hand in hand, and a food necklace is a great idea – summer sausage, cured meat, cheese cubes, whatever you like all strung together like this meat necklace:

If that were Thurn’s teriyaki beef jerky, you’d have a goldmine there, PZ (nice to see you back on the message board! Didja replace the stolen computer?)

berdawn

now if I can just keep the other folks on the bus away from my necklace, I should be fine.

Twixlen
    Participant

The meat necklace + riding the bus = the police.

berdawn

Twixlen wrote >>
    The meat necklace + riding the bus = the police.

yeah, I think I’ll have a lovely late lunch and pop out for more sustenance if needed.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: