Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Winter Beerfest! Jan. 14 & 15

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Columbus Winter Beerfest! Jan. 14 & 15

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

columbusbeerfest.comCD101 and the Big Joe Duskin Music Foundation presents the inaugural COLUMBUS WINTER BEERFEST on January 14 & 15 at the Columbus Convention Center. http://www.columbusbeerfest.com 60,000 square feet of Craft Beer, great Music, and great times! Sample beers from down the street and across the country! Tickets are $30 in advance/$40 at door if it doesn’t sell out like in May….so get yours TODAY! A limited number of VIP Tickets remain that get you in 1 Hour Early and a larger sampling glass. Friday’s bands are TWO COW GARAGE & GHOST, Saturday it’s the PHANTODS & THE RECEIVER! Celebrating Independent Craft Brewers and Columbus’ Independent Radio Station…CD101 at 102.5! We also are still looking for Volunteers to pour/drink/pour beer as well. If interested in that, email us at [email protected]

Columbus Winter Beerfest!

January 14 & 15 At The Greater Columbus Convention Center

Tickets On Sale NOW !

Until Xmas, Get VIP for the price of General Admission!

Get Yours Today Before We Sell Out Again.

If you missed our inaugural Columbus Beerfest in May, 2010, You’ll Be Happy To Know We’re Doing It All Over Again! We’ll Now Have A Winter Beerfest & A Summer Beerfest In May Every Year.

150 Craft Beers To Celebrate!

Including Every Beer Brewed In Central Ohio!

Exclusive Brewery Reserve Kegs & The Largest # Of Brewery Reps Attending!

New! Beerfest Souvenirs!

2x The Space As 2010!

4x The Entry Points!

Bonus Attractions!

VIP Glass Option!

VIP Sessions: 6:30 p.m. Start

Grand Tasting Sessions: 7:30 p.m. Start

Last Pour At 10:45p.m. – Event Closes At 11:00p.m.

MORE: http://columbusbeerfest.org

AmyJ
    Participant

Anyone attending or volunteering? I’ll be pouring on Friday night.

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

Think the wife and I are going to try to go on Friday when it opens.

juliana
    Participant

I’ll be pouring Saturday night! Really excited for this.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Photos from the first event back in May:

Columbus Beerfest at the Convention Center

futureman
    Participant

I’m standing this one out the last one left a bad taste in my mouth. I’ll be looking forward to the review of the event to see if they learned from their mistakes last year.

ohiogirlie74

Volunteering on Saturday, sounds like it’ll be fun. I calculated the beer volume,and it’s nearly 8 pints if you use all 25 tickets. Scandalous!

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

i’d love to go, but the joys of owning a truck mean you gotta help family move…to Nashville…

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

I’m going looking forward to it.

futureman wrote >>
    I’ll be looking forward to the review of the event to see if they learned from their mistakes last year.

What mistakes were made last year, just curious?

Anonymous
    Inactive

ohiogirlie74 wrote >>
    Volunteering on Saturday, sounds like it’ll be fun. I calculated the beer volume,and it’s nearly 8 pints if you use all 25 tickets. Scandalous!

When I was asked why I wanted tickets in exchange for beer, I replied that the tickets would reduce the likelihood that someone would throw up on my shoes. I said it last year and I’ll say it again; Eat before you go! It was a blast last year, but the VIP tastings were unorganized and subsequently chaotic. Hopefully, this year everyone will be more prepared. I’m excited to share Auld Curiosity, Abbey Normal, a fresh batch of Frambwha?, Four Seas Imperial IPA, Christmas Ale (I saved a keg), Scottish, Pale and Ivan Porter! Come say Hi! @ the Barley’s taps…

melikecheese
    Participant

Porky wrote >>

futureman wrote >>
    I’ll be looking forward to the review of the event to see if they learned from their mistakes last year.

One entrance line (fixed already)

No places to sit (Fixed already)

Problems solved! I will be going back on Friday, the first one was a lot of fun, minus no places to sit, that one was weird, I mean bring in a thousand people to hang out and drink, but whoops, we forgot seats!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I hope to avoid some of last years issues by going early for the VIP time on Friday. Should be fun, I mean eight pints as a previous poster pointed out…awesome!

futureman
    Participant

melikecheese wrote >>

Porky wrote >>

futureman wrote >>

Problems solved! I will be going back on Friday, the first one was a lot of fun, minus no places to sit, that one was weird, I mean bring in a thousand people to hang out and drink, but whoops, we forgot seats!

The signs did not not match what the tables served so I couldn’t find what I was looking for.

People volunteering had no idea what they were pouring so they couldn’t answer even a basic question

Atmosphere was more of a house party feel instead of a tasting (due in part because the dense crowds)

Not enough space (being addressed this year)

No place to sit, except for the mezzanines but it got tiresome going up and down the steps every 15 minutes. Additionally the mezzanines were pretty filthy even at the start of the event (on Saturday of last year)

I kind of felt like they just went to local distributor and picked a truck load of beer and called it a beer tasting because of a lack actual breweries being involvement. I believe they only had a handful of breweries attending last year, most local.

Sounds like they are taking care of the most annoying issue, not enough space, so hopefully it’ll have a different result this year.

Twixlen
    Participant

melikecheese wrote >>

Porky wrote >>

futureman wrote >>

In spite of knowing that it was 20 drink tickets per person, they didn’t have them divvied up, but were counting out (laboriously) 20 tickets individually.

Then, when we got in, it turned out that the tickets were all but superfluous, considering we were only asked a couple times for them.

Also – the flow of people from table/brewer in and out was terrible… a hoard would decend on a table, you’d fight your way in, then have to fight your way back out.

It was a fun event, but reminded me of the disastrously disorganized Slice of Columbus.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

The clueless pourers was a slap in the face for sure for a beer tasting, but I quit caring after ten or so of those heavy duty cups of beer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.