Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Traffic- Tops state in time stuck in traffic

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Columbus Traffic- Tops state in time stuck in traffic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Analogue Kid
    Participant

^Taking the Schuylkill Expressway at a time that isn’t 3 am doesn’t work so well.

columbusguy20
    columbusguy20
    Participant

tdziemia said:
    I will take Columbus traffic any day.
    Last week I went to see my son in Philadelphia. On a Thursday evening, I spent 1 hour driving into the city from King of Prussia (i.e opposite the rush hour flow). That’s a distance like driving from Powell into German Village.
    The next day, Friday, I spent 2 hours and 15 minutes exiting the city at 4 p.m., to go about 4 miles farther than that Thursday drive. I’ve made it to downtown Cincinnati in 2 hr 15 minutes from Columbus, even around rush hour.

Oh, by the way, there is no lack of commuter rail service there (2 main subway lines in the city, and a half dozen lines out to suburbs).

Times like that I LOVE this town.

I second that. People who bitch about traffic in Columbus have never been to Los Angeles. It takes me less than 15 minutes to get from the airport to Upper Arlington while in Los Angeles, it takes you 15 minutes just to LEAVE the airport and get out on to Century or Sepulveda.

luketenley

I lived in Pittsburgh for three years before moving to Columbus and I will say that PIT’s traffic is far worse. It may not be as many travelers on the highways, but the freeway system is horribly laid out with fewer lanes to get you there. I would drive in Columbus any day of the week than any other city at rush hour.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: